Login Create Account
New Corps, Old Director, Classic Style!
Olmstedo
"I've been in, and out, and when times get tough I find a way to return in some fashion."

The words of Douglas A. Olmstead. Absent from the FMA scene for a few seasons, has returned. He announces that, sadly, he has retired the Druids... the corps which he brought to a gold medal finish in Div. II Season 10.

"I simply don't have the time to dedicate to a corps I love so much. I am no fan of mediocrity, so I have founded this new corps here in my home town to satiate my hunger for this activity, without having to dedicate my every waking moment to it. Amara Drum & Bugle Corps was created under the premise of giving an entertaining show, and having fun."

The new corps is proud to present it's Season 16 show, "The Amara Express"!

This brand new corps takes us back to a politically struggling time, just after the Civil War and right before the boom of the Industrial Revolution. Transportation of goods needed to become easier and more simple to fill the demands of a growing nation. The North, arguing for the federal funding of trains, battle it out again with the South, this time in Congress! Come along as the Amara Express travels through time on a coal-driven locomotive!

Introduction - Simple Gifts/The Star Spangled Banner

The building of a nation, once divided but now great again. Coming together from all corners of the field, the corps chimes in to add their voice to two great American classics, ending with the introduction from our National Anthem, played by the low brass under a lengthy high brass chord.

Movement I. I've Been Working on the Railroad/Wabash Cannonball

The building of the trains, the laying of the tracks, and the founding of the steel mills!

Movement II. Mountain Dew/I Saw the Light

Following the progress of the railroad construction down South, and some of the practices... good and questionable... of the wholesome railroad builders!

Movement III. Rolling in my Sweet Baby's Arms/Night Train to Memphis

Coming to the final stop as the American railroad system reaches completion and we can return home!

bando
Welcome back!
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Olmstedo
Thank ya! School is winding down, so I am more free to do this now :3