Login Create Account
Power Rankings for the Deadly Dozen
TrumpetVinny
Power Ranking Who I think the Finals 12 will be.
Sports have these power rankings, why not us? Obviously most of this is speculation and extremely poor guesses made at 2:20 AM. Now go prove me wrong this season. If I have you falling of going under what you hope for, all I can say is, bring it on them. Your scores will say it all in the end.

1. Tullahoma Azure Force - I don't think there is as much bias on this one as one might think. Tullahoma is coming off their first gold medal in the drum corps world and set a new high score. With this standard in place their director has an even better idea of where he wants to set his benchmarks hat. Until Tullahoma starts losing they'll be number 1.

2. Regal Regiment - The almost there corps. They've been medal contenders far longer than Tullahoma. They've finally made a push that normally would've won them their first championship. Unfortunately Tullahoma exploded at the exact same moment. Expect them to make a strong push to win it all for the first time.

3. Nemesis - This was a difficult choice over Epic, but history has shown that when Nemesis is working under full power, nothing can stop them. With their director warning other corps to watch out this season, I see no reason to expect anything but perfection from the folks at Nemesis.

4. Epic - It almost hurts me to put them in 4th, but that's the way it is. With the emergence of Tullahoma and Regal as threats to Epic, it's become clear that they could struggle against this new competition (falling to 3rd in season 16 when one would usually expect them to win it all, especially with Nemesis having a weak season). Epic has all the tools it could need to win, but do they have the drive? Time will tell. A victory season seems less likely for Epic than the Top 3, but this unfortunately ends the list of those who I believe have a shot at winning it all.

5. Blue Deviled Eggs - Never expect a unit led by director, Cire, to fall below 5th. After struggling in 4th place the past few seasons, the likely return of Nemesis coupled with the rise of Regal and Tullahoma plus Epic, smell like a spot down for the Blue Deviled Eggs. While Cire is an experienced director who's led argueably the most successful units in FMA history, one has to question whether or not his 43:3 ratio of bronze and silver to gold means he's missing some factor for the final push he needs to win. Consider that in two seasons Tullahoma has exceeded his gold medal count total. Do the Blue Deviled Eggs have the eggs to push into a medal spot this season?

6. Cornhuskers Drum and Bugle Corps - If BDE was definitively in the top 4, I'd pick the Cornhuskers to be ranked higher, but since Cire almost certainly will be fighting to maintain his record, I have to give doubt to the Cornhusker's ability to shatter the amazing 16 season long Top 5 streak. I do believe that these top 6 are a special tier above the others and I do not think there will be anyone joining the group next season.

7. Cul-de-sac Cadets - The first major prediction I have going. I see CDSC as having been building on previous seasons. Unlike their [unspecified opponent] they've been building their score more consistently. Still this is an iffy choice and could fall as low as 10th if their opponents decide to throw everything they have at it.

8. Khaki Krusaders - Another tough one. I give the edge to Khaki on Falcon for having more recent seasons to compare and examine. Khaki should have a significant logistical edge on Falcon if they pay attention to how their last scores built up.

9. Falcon Regiment - I have Falcon dropping three spots simply because they only have one season of experience to work with. Still they can easily beat Khaki if they play their cards right. Look for this sole representative of ACE to possibly beat [unspecified]'s 2nd best corps.

10. Graffiti - I have Graffiti surpassing the Raiders this year simply because they seem to be driving forward. Raiders have been consistant, but don't seem to have momentum.

11. Silver Falcon Regiment - With several D2 golds around their necks, many might find it surprising that I have SFR dropping. This is no knock on them, but I see their fluctuation season to season score and I see a drop coming. Expect Graffiti to handle them readily.

12. Yukon Gold - Going out on a limb, but I say Yukon Gold makes finals. They've got the momentum to take a Top 12 spot and knock out either Corps IBEX or the Raiders or both in my opinion.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
BlueDevils
Don't worry, I'll prove you wrong. ;) As a great Cyborg once said, "I'll be back."
DC: Blue Demons Corps
cire
Great write up! My Eggs are not only looking to maintain their top 5 streak, but to also to break back into the top 3!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
hostrauser
Thanks for the love for Yukon Gold. Goal is to make Finals this season, but D1 is definitely a big challenge. There are probably 15-20 corps capable of making Finals, but only 12 spots.
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
WillLacy13
Having never missed finals since going D1 my raiders are now that much more motivated to make finals, plus my bucs might be moving up and if so they to are coming with a Texas size boot to someones ass for a finals spot... Still fun that you did these I like it
TrumpetVinny
There may have been slight favoritism to those who post more often :P
gcurrier
my prediction--CLASS comes back in full force! 1, 2, 3!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
mceuph
I think this season will be even more competitive and more fun than the last.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
TrumpetVinny
One season of where you can easily compare how you spent before and now and the observed effects. For me I to take into account several seasons backs of scores. I assumed everyone else does the same.
mdmackowiak
I would love to see CLASS take 1,2,3! And it was strange seeing Epic not in the top 3... I have never placed outside of the top 3 when competing in a full season. Lol. O well, I love a challenge! =)
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
cire
I kind of liked not seeing Epic ahead of me for once. :)
TrumpetVinny
Honestly only the top 6 are really somewhat reliable. The bottom half I didn't really know about except Khaki cause they used to spoil my [unspecified] championship sweeps (attempts).
marimbaman89
The one season that the Silver Falcons did not push their hardest was the season that I spent campaigning for money because I knew that my deficiency on staff was the biggest factor holding me back. Now that we have made finals I don't anticipate campaigning the whole season like that ever again. I didn't quite spend my money the way I in retrospect should have though (I spent it mostly upgrading my assistant director to level 20 instead of evenly spreading it out amongst staff members) which means I doubt we are going to get much of a bump this season, although I highly doubt we will fall lower (although I expect more corps to go at it tougher this season). Look for the Silver Falcon Marching Band to have a big season.
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame
Corps: 2 D1 gold medals
Band: 2 D1 gold medals
Guard: 10 straight D1 titles (FMA record)
Drumline: 3 D1 gold medals

First group to ever score a 100!
TxRaider13
Do what I do, once I have locked a finals spot up and I know I want beat or catch the group in front of me, I set my campaign on max an just take my finals spot and get ready for next season.. Maybe that's why he said I don't have momentum, because I call it a day once I'm in finals with no chance of cracking the top 6
marimbaman89
I would have/will probably do that if I ever get to the 6th spot where you are still 3 points from 5th, but I was in 12th until the very last day last season, so it did help to push all the way to the end (we were so close to each other at finals!)
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame
Corps: 2 D1 gold medals
Band: 2 D1 gold medals
Guard: 10 straight D1 titles (FMA record)
Drumline: 3 D1 gold medals

First group to ever score a 100!
scooter92011
Hopefully this season I will make a little thunder finally in division 1... My goal is top 12.
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
TrumpetVinny
Constant 15 energy money campaign until staff maxed out. During the season I bought techs. show money went to everyone else. Worked wonders. You see my sudden jump now that I'm not longer campaigning (S15 for guard, S16 everyone else)
cire
^ I was going to do that or something similar, but since I started out in season 1 already in Div 1 in the top 5.. I kind of had to keep that going..
TrumpetVinny
We'll see if I've built for long term success now :P too bad I have to take drum corps break soon.
cire
Too bad... :P