Login Create Account
Rehearsal Tips
FinalBlitzV2
(Drum Corp and Marching Band)
Rehearsing is the key factor when it comes to bringing your score up. When you move on to Division 2, after coming out of Division 3 or 1, there’s a large chance that you not the one with the top score. That’s because the player who had a large score on the start has really high level staffs or high influence thus giving them the edge on the start of the season. Funny thing is that most players with the high scores at the beginning will later be clinging at Top 12 due to lack of rehearsing. Rehearsing is the only that will determine your rank in the long run.

What I do to rehearse is not that complex and really simple. I first divide the categories into Two Groups. Since “M Ens”, “V Ens”, “M GE”, and “V GE” are similar, I set them as Group 1. Winds, Percussion, Color Guard, and Visual are Group 2. By dividing these into two groups, you can focus on that group on one day and then the other group on the next day which makes it easier. Why did I order these pairs like this? Well As you can see Group 1 is generally harder to rehearse, but when you rehearse on the “Hi” rehearsals, they’re in a group so it makes your life a lot easier. After hitting 1000 gained points on M Ens and M GE (Example), focus on V GE and V Ens. When that’s done and you still have extra times during rehearsals, you can now start focusing on Group 2.
Group 2 are individual sections so they’re easier to rehearse, but they’re not packed in groups. When rehearsing focus on one section and rehearse until it hits 1000 gained points. After that, focus on the next section. If you have extra rehearsals, focus on Group 1 again and continue to repeat the cycle.

Here’s an example:
Day 1: Rehearse Group 1 (M Ens, V Ens, M GE, and V GE) until all gained 1000 points.
Day 2: Rehearse Group 2 (Sections) until all gained 1000 points.
Day 3: Repeat.

Let’s say you don’t have enough time to rehearse because you have school to do and always completely forget about this game. Well fortunately for you, I’m also in your situation, but I have found an answer. When it comes to school, it sucks that you can’t rehearse the 8-10 hours you missed. Some questions you should ask to yourself are:

-Does your school have Internet? And allows Free WIFI for students to access?
-Do you have an Itouch/IPhone?
-Did you ever used your itouch/iphone when texting during school? Why not FMA?

During school breaks, or lunch time, take out your Itouch or Iphone or Smartphone and get on FMA and BOOM! You just saved possibly 8-10 hours of rehearsal. Also when it comes to texting, there’s always that feeling that someone texted you and you have to look at it. What I do to remember is that I leave a big sign in my locker saying Fantasy Marching Arts (FMA) during lunch or in-between periods. This allows me to remember and take out my device quickly.

When it comes to sleeping, you could lose some rehearsal time. The time I regularly get up during school is 7:00 AM and the time I go to bed is 11:00 PM. Before I go to bed, I rehearse at 11:00. It takes about 6 hours to get all my points to be raised back up so I lose about an hour of rehearsal. How do I fix that? Well, I also have homework to do in the morning (slacker kid here) and so I set my alarm at 5:40 AM with the message of FMA so I instantaneously know what to do and I saved that 1 hour.

By using these steps, your score gains could go up dramatically and you could actually fight on par with some Division 1 members. With this guide, I've gained over 1.0+ point gain on the beginning of the season and maintained a 0.7+ point gain during the end of the season. If you still don't believe me, ask yourself, how do people that go to college and have to work, have this extra time?

I actually have alot of extra leisure time even though I'm in high school. If you want me to do any other Tips or Threads then just ask me message me. -FinalBlitzV2
Practice doesn't make perfect....it makes you better...
TrumpetVinny
The way I rehearse is simple. Using previous seasons of data, I set benchmarks. Then I burn my GE/Ens until I hit them. Why Ge/Ens first? Because I can raise the other captions much quicker. I'd rather have to quickly make up ground in those captions than GE/Ens. That's all there is to it.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
gcurrier
Nice job! I just dont sleep :)
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
What is this thing you call sleeping? x)
12 years later