Login Create Account
MORE POWER!!!! rankings.
TrumpetVinny
Power Rankings for Week 4
Ya'll complain too much.

1. Nemesis - Tullahoma may currently have the top score, but I think come seasons end Nemesis will be back on top. They have been making small, but clear leads in day to day score increases over Tullahoma, so it should be a close one, but I expect Nemesis to come out on top.

2. Tullahoma Azure Force - Unfortunately slotted in the No. 2 spot is Tullahoma. After switching from ensemble and general effect focus to each section improving individually, Tullahoma has made some massive gains. Gains that will only slow down with time. Unfortunately for my own corps, their style might not carry them through to another championship; however, at this time, the field for the Gold has almost been entirely narrowed down to the top 2. Expect these two corps to take home the gold and silver. With two weeks left in the season, even with weak .5 gains every day, these two corps will not only shatter the drum corps record, but will approach the all time all circuit record set in season 15 by the Tullahoma City Spinners.

3. Blue Demons - For the first time I have a new No. 3. Ousting Regal Regiment with flair are the Blue Demons. Posting significant gains, has confirmed my suspicions and takens a higher place than the lowly 7th I had them slotted at in the previous rankings. Their spot here is no guarantee. To medal, Blue Demons will have to fight off Epic competition.

4. Epic - Season 2. That is the last time Epic has competed in FMA and failed to medal. This is an Epic streak similar to Cire's Top 5 streaks. Unfortunately, I have them slated to put an end to that streak. It's not that they're not quality. Normally this would have them battling it out with Nemesis. But the meteoric rise of Tullahoma, and the return of the Blue Demons, there's just so little room in the Top 3.

5. Regal Regiment - My preseason silver has not fallen out of the medalling picture, but they are on their way if the gap keeps increasing. I don't see them falling out of the Top 5, but to meet my preseason expectations is nearly a pipe dream. To win a medal is starting to look like it. Look forward to a strong fight here.

6. Blue Deviled Eggs - I've finally done it. I'm making a prediction that a 4 circuit, 16 season long streak will end here, this season. I have the BDE lapping the Cornhuskers simply because I believe Cire is not pleased with his position in the rankings and will be fighting extremely hard to break back into the Top 5, but I just don't see it happening.

7. Cornhuskers - You don't deserve to be this low, but here we are. Its not for a lack of effort, but this is probably the most competitive season we've seen of FMA Drum Corps D1 yet. As always the 3-7 spots are difficult to predict and prone to shuffling around. It would not suprise me if the Cornhuskers made a comeback and either beat Regal Regiment or held off the Blue Deviled Eggs.

8. The Raiders - They are playing the game well. Well enough to possibly break into my previously thought to be unbreakable Mighty 7. Their score gains are only matched by their closest competition.

9. Lemon Bay Jazz - I would have you beating the Raiders if your huge score increases happened more consistently. Still the 5-9 positions are all at risk from these two corps who could easily break into this season, and almost certainly, the next.

10. Falcon Regiment - It's high time I gave my respect to this corps. They may not be posting score gains like the Raiders and Lemon Bay Jazz, they are solid. You can bet on Falcon Regiment making finals 100%. 10th place seems like a nice cozy spot for them with all the craziness around them.

11. Khaki Krusaders - Having not competed the day before I write this, I can only pedict that they would've been in this spot. Right now it's really difficult to bank on any of the corps in these two spots holding onto a finals seed, but my money's on Khaki.

12. Immortals - That's right. I'm pegging last season's D2 champion to break into finals. While they might seem the farthest behind of the pack crowded around a finals spot, they have the most push and have been making huge strides since day 1. Look for this upset to happen.

The almost theres -

Corps IBEX - My last article seems to have made you complacent. Step up because if you do, you'll hold off Khaki or Immortals and are currently pegged as my 13th ranked corps.

Cul-de-sac Cadets - My original hopes are dashed. I don't think you've much of a shot at making finals. But stranger things have happened. There's such a logjam here any of the corps listed in the almost theres can make finals, but I think that will rely more on one of my pegged finalist corps slipping as opposed to your playing. I have you pegged in my 15th spot.

Yukon Gold - I really like the idea of your making finals, but it's just not looking good. Currently in 13th yes, but there's a gap, and it ain't small. Step it up and you can make it, but it's just not looking like it to me. I'd like you to prove me wrong. I actually have you finishing 14th
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
gcurrier
nice review! i agree it will be a record breaking tight one but thats how Nemesis LOVES it!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
mceuph
Not gonna let them pass me up ;)
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
FinalBlitzV2
I've finally after 6 seasons....made a title for myself in this game (;
Practice doesn't make perfect....it makes you better...
cire
You sure did finally done it.. you finally made your first big mistake :)
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
TrumpetVinny
I hear ya saying one thing but your score says something else right now >:)
FinalBlitzV2
3 seasons from now it's going to be all of your mistakes when i take gold forever >:D
Practice doesn't make perfect....it makes you better...
TxRaider13
good luck with that
cire
You play trumpet.. scores are irrelevant to you and your kind.

:)
WillLacy13
is that towards me? If so, that is true. If not than it is still true. High, Fast and Loud baby!!!
TrumpetVinny
I believe you guys have 2 seasons to prepare for the return of the Azure Force, and we're dang well gonna do our best to go out on top. Heck with 600 energy now, competing during drum corps might actually be a possibility. In any case, I'ma gonna bury you all! (And we care about scores when ours is higher than everyone else's!)
cire
WillLacy13 it was actually towards TrumpetVinny.. but it can be applied to all trumpet players.

even me.. I started out on it lol
gcurrier
I was a drummer and then a guard instructor so I dont know what the heck that makes me LOL

I do know that I am actually undefeated this season! :)

mdmackowiak
I was a trumpet,but then my instructor passed away so I gave it up. Then picked up percussion a few years later, but then did winterguard since we didn't have a winter DL. So I guess I am a one mad drum corps.

And gcurrier, that is an amazing task to do! I'm trying to squeak into medal contention. It's hard with the job hunt and teaching with bands.
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
TrumpetVinny
That's only cause you wouldn't face me in the late season >:P But don't worry at prelims I'll break that streak... maybe.
WillLacy13
Well tonight I see how my raiders are actually stacking up against the top 7 it would be awesome to stay ahead of at least 1 of the 2 that I currently lead going into tonight! Hoping we stay close enough to break come finals
mdmackowiak
HERE COMES EPIC! We finally pushed into the top 3!
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
TrumpetVinny
We'll see if Epic can hold off BD. Right now I might still be tempted to rank them higher. Bluh. Right when I'm starting to feel a little confident in drum corps land, I get passed in Marching band. I JUST WANT TO SWEEP ALL THE D1 GROUPS! IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK? T_T
TxRaider13
not at all, if I was in that position I would want to sweep as well... Had a chance last season in DII with the Bucs but came up short...Go for it I would like to see it happen, even if you take down a few of my fellow league members, would still be cool if you did it
gcurrier
I have before--its fun LOL