Login Create Account
One Last Chance to Prove me Wrong - POWER RANKINGS FINAL WEEK EDITION
TrumpetVinny
FINAL POWER RANKINGS - Just the Top Twelve now.

1. Nemesis - Tullahoma managed to take literally the smallest lead it could possibly have. Regardless, when comparing the weaknesses of the two corps, it'll certainly be easier for Nemesis to rise up. Congratulations to Nemesis on a perfect regular season as well.

2. Tullahoma Azure Force - My kids were hoping to join the ranks of consecutive champions, but it's not looking great. Look for Tullahoma to push hard into finals, but a win might be a taller order than they can handle. Still as it's been, these top two corps are untouchable. In no world do Epic or Blue Demons catch up in the fews days that they have (without bribing some judges).

3. Epic - Epic has decided that I can't ever be right and refuses to let their medal streak continue. What jerks. Can't I be right for once?

4. Blue Demons - Victims of Epic's jerk-ness, this corps who I thought was solidly in the last medaling position has dropped off a bit. It's not impossible for them to retake the lead. In all truth they have easier captions to improve so look for me to be wrong. Again.

5. Blue Deviled Eggs - Another corps who is looking to ruin my predictions. The streak will probably live on. Happy now?

6. Regal Regiment - A former silver medal favorite, one can not help but wonder what caused a corps so close to Tullahoma last year to slip this year. Did Tullahoma practice harder or did Regal slip? Was it in the show design? Go on. Speculate. Regardless I am feeling confident that Regal will stay in the top half of the drum corps world.

7. Lemon Bay Jazz- Woah. That's right. I'm predicting the big 7 to be broken up. Welcome, Lemon Bay Jazz. I was surprised to see that they could outpace the Raiders, but here they are. It is a very good chance that we will see them outpace the Cornhuskers as they seem to be set to do. Kudos to their director for driving them to a height that I thought was impossible this season.

8. Cornhuskers - I didn't want to break up the big 7. But Lemon Bay was just too powerful. It breaks my heart to put the Cornhuskers this low, but without a major boost, Lemon Bay will join the ranks of the Big 7.

9. The Raiders - They've broken 90 for the first time. There was a time when you'd get gold for that, but that was long ago. I think given time, they too could beat the Cornhuskers, but these few days aren't enough.

10. Immortals - Here's where it gets dicey, but the Immortals have a clear advantage here. They've powered through the rankings from the bottom half of the entire Division 1 to arrive here. Ready to not only be in finals, but to beat finalist corps. Most impressive rise this season.

11. Khaki Krusaders - My fellow [unspecified] corps is the only other one I believe will make finals. They are slimly behind Immortals, but I think that gap will widen. Fight hard to hold onto this spot Khaki!

12. Falcon Regiment - I really did want to make more predictions than just following the the current top 12, but for me to bet against Falcon Regiment, nonsense. I did think that they would be higher up though. The entrance of the Immortals and Lemon Bay Jazz were probably the biggest reason why I did not predict this drop. Still, making finals in this logjam is impressive so props must be given if Falcon Regiment survives the 4 corps behind it that can make Finals.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
TrumpetVinny
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2mwtte1.jpg

Showing my predicted Medalists' rise to power. I may go back and add on to the Top 6, but for now Top 3. Blue is Tullahoma, Red is Nemesis, and Green Epic.
gcurrier
it seems like not so long ago, I was asked if CLASS reign of power had ended...Here we sit posed to win all three divisions (I i freely admit is TOO CLOSE TO CALL) with 7 of the top 12 in both power rankings and statistical rankings. I am confident CLASS continues to be the power elite of FMA. Congrats too all my CLASS colleagues on an outstanding season! In particular I salute the Immortals who just last season won Division II and now jumps right into the top 12 in Division I! this is a feat not often accomplished! I look back in Nemesis history in season 1 where we got 12th in Division III and season 2 we got merely 25th on our step up to Division I. To jump right into the top 12 is RARE!

I would also like to congratulate my latest fierce competitor, Tullahoma Azure Force, on an excellent season! Close calls usually bring out the best in Nemesis as my old friends Sapphire Vanguard can tell you from season 9 and 11, but with .005 separating us, we may break that close call barrier! GOOD LUCK!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
FinalBlitzV2
Thanx gcurrier!
Practice doesn't make perfect....it makes you better...
SaxophoneMan
Division I is pretty serious.
Member of CLASS; Member of ENCORE; Member of PERC
Guy1
One day I hope Greenville Cadets can join this madness. In a few seasons maybe, we maybe in Division III today, but I hope we can creep up on Division I. Then again with the way things are going there this maybe close to impossible, with record breaking scores from the top two placing corps. I only expect these scores to rise in the upcoming seasons. But these next couple of days will be intense for Division I. Can't wait to see the scores tonight.
Greenville Cadets
Season 17 Gold Medal (Div. III)
Greenville High School Marching Band
Season 17 Gold Medal (Div. III)
mdmackowiak
I love all the hatred towards Epic. I love it and thank you. Fuels my fire even more. Nothing like some friendly competition. I have to keep my streak! =)
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
gcurrier
I didnt even mention the close call with Epic where it wasnt a positive for Nemesis LOL as the aformentioned jerkdome covered it LOL
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
mceuph
I was really surprised too! Look at the spread from 10th through 14th place. It's only 0.43. That's close!
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
cire
Prelims are over... awaiting score tabulation!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
mceuph
It's interesting that I'm in 12th place, but I'm only top 12 in 2 captions. =D
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
IMcomJosh
If you notice, my two weakest captions are almost always Percussion and Visual Effect. That's what always seems to hold me back. My Ind mus and Ens Music is right up there near the top while my visual scores remain pretty average in the top pack. I'll figure it out sometime. But for now, I still have a chance to claim at least 4th place. There are still two days after all ;)
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
FinalBlitzV2
funny thing is that i think all my captions are below top 12
Practice doesn't make perfect....it makes you better...
TrumpetVinny
Top six's trend in the order that they are in right now with the prelims score.
http://oi47.tinypic.com/2vniakk.jpg
cire
No idea what "series" are... but I'm assuming I'm series 4.. lol

PS... screw your predictions :)

I am surprised Blue Demons dropped so much.. I wonder if their show peaked a little too early.. still, they did VERY good this season coming from Div 2 last season.
IMcomJosh
I'm assuming the series are where we are currently ranked.
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold
TrumpetVinny
Yeh. It's in order of how we are right now.
mdmackowiak
Lowest caption was 6th in Winds. Everything else is either in 3rd or 4th.
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
BlueDevils
I hope not, I think I've just been screwed over recently when it comes to getting on the site. I've rehearsed twice in the past three days.
DC: Blue Demons Corps
cire
That'll do it for ya