Login Create Account
Greenville Goes Gold
Guy1
This has been a great season for both Greenville Cadets and the Greenville High School Marching Band. They both won Divison III Gold this season! I am so proud of the hard work and dedication of these kids this season.

"And now, with a score of 86.260, your Divison III Drum Corp Grand Champion... The Greenville Cadets!!!!"

If only you could see the kids' faces when the announcer said this. This corp has been on the field for 4 seasons now, they had to put forth an insane amount of effort in order to achieve such a high level of performance with a young group such as this one. I am very happy to also say that this group, along with the marching band will be taking a season, maybe two, off. I am going on a concert tour in Europe during the first two weeks of July and I will not be able to practice at all during that time. That's just not fair to myself or the kids. So during the upcoming season we will be fundraising.

"Your Division III Marching Band Grand Champion... The Greenville High School Marching Band!!"

I was honestly surprised that this group made it this far. At the beginning of the season I was only expecting a finalist performance. To go all the way and take it all took me off guard. The high school kids made a huge push the last week of rehearsals and gained a lot more than I thought they could. Also they will not be rejoining the Colonial Association of Marching Arts next season and is also looking to join another league. I'm proud to announce that they will be hosting a competition toward the beginning of the season. The Greenville Marching Classic will occur during the first week of shows. I hope to see a good crowd in both this show and the third Greenville Classic in the drum corps world.

Thanks for a great season everyone!

-Guy1
Greenville Cadets
Season 17 Gold Medal (Div. III)
Greenville High School Marching Band
Season 17 Gold Medal (Div. III)