Login Create Account
Buying Credits
Aaron0316
It's amazing that people have a problem with someone buying credits to boost their corps. Why, because they can't afford it? If they could, they probably would do it too.

The concept of buying credits is no different than the concept of buying power ups in a fighting game or special weapons in a war game to become a stronger, more efficient player. Tell me what the difference is between these concepts. Credits are available to everyone. I am not the only one who uses them. If credits are not cheating, why are they considered a problem? It only becomes a problem when people start losing.

If credits give people an unfair advantage, credits should not be available.
Aaron Sickmeier, director of......

Dark Knights - (FAME, original founder)

Marching Elite - (ENCORE! original founder)

Dark Knights Guard

Equilibrium
hostrauser
I don't have a problem with it. I just expect you to move up to D2 or D1 next season.

Now, if this becomes a chronic problem with people "buying" championships every year, perhaps restrictions will need to be put into place. But this is the first time this has ever happened in 18 seasons.
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
cire
Well technically in like 10 seasons or however long the Store has been active.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
JaQwan
Me my self idc. I dont buy credicts, and i do have the money but i choose not to. And im doing great not buying any so i will keep it that way for now.
davidmsmith87
I don't like it and don't believe its fair and is buying your way. I'm almost at the point of stop playing.
David M. Smith
Founding Member of Fantasy Marching Band

Directors of Bands
Arrow Point High School, 01-01
UW Symphony High School, 07-08
Royal Heights High School, 08-12
Turner County HS, 01-0
marimbaman89
Influence certainly does have a lot to do with money in the real world marching arts and I think buying influence credits is fine but I'm not sure about some of the other ones. I think the energy restore credits should not be able to be bought because that doesn't seem like it compares to anything in real life. You can't "buy" extra energy for your members.
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame
Corps: 2 D1 gold medals
Band: 2 D1 gold medals
Guard: 10 straight D1 titles (FMA record)
Drumline: 3 D1 gold medals

First group to ever score a 100!
marimbaman89
Allowing people to buy energy refills also affects the current season and cause odd scores and champions in Div II and Div III. This wouldn't be the case with the other credits.
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame

cire
Apples and oranges.

Influence in this game gives you influence to gain "better" performers. In the real world the members aren't being paid so paying for influence on here isn't realistic either.

Maybe there should be a max on how many credits you can purchase in 1 season.
marimbaman89
Yeah I see what you mean. I don't really think influence is done the right way with this game at all. Why should you gain the same amount of influence for finishing last at a show as you would for finishing first? I get that Alex doesn't want to make a "rich get richer" scenario but maybe other things could be figured out to balance that out and make influence more realistic.
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame

cire
Well technically you do get more influence for doing better.. not necessarily from winning shows.. but if you look http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/guide/8 some of the ways you gain influence is by things that you earn faster by winning.

and in all honesty, I don't think influence makes THAT much of a difference. I'm sure it helps, but I don't think it's going to raise you several points to winning a division
corndogshuffle
I'm not convinced influence is that impactful either. It definitely matters, but I haven't experienced dramatic score gains by anything short of staff upgrades.

The credit system does need fixing though. I don't mind people benefiting (to an extent, not sure what that line would be though) from helping out Alex but it's crazy that someone can come in their first season and outscore people who have been working twenty seasons trying to perfect their style of play.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Alex
 -infinity
The Energy Reset item on the FMA Store is too powerful, as Hostrauser has already mentioned. I'll be toning that down to prevent these types of gargantuan jumps while still giving some benefits to those that want to contribute.
corndogshuffle
Thanks Alex. I really don't mind people using that system so I think that's the best solution!
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
cire
I still like my idea of keeping a reset or a "cheating" system, but add a % risk of getting "caught and penalized", and the more you "cheat" the higher your % risk goes up