Login Create Account
Season 19 for NIWA
VekuKaiba
Greetings from the Director of NIWA,

The past two seasons have been quite exciting for the members of NIWA; Season 17 presenting us a silver medal in Division III [on that note, we welcome back Greenville Cadets, who took DIII Gold in S17], and a well contested fourth place finish last season in Division II. Our previous shows have both opened the curtain with 'Once Upon a Time...' and tug at our audiences with 'Kingdom: Hearts', and this year we intend to continue in our growth.

For this season, it has been decided for NIWA to present a show to honor (my) exquisite competitive nature. With the Games of the XXX Olympiad approaching in London, of which will encompass nearly the entirety of the season, NIWA will move to honor both said Games and the locale with our program:

La Flamme Olympique

I. Bugler's Dream - Arnaud
II. Themes from 'Wellington's Victory' - Beethoven
III. Olympic Hymn - Samaras
IV. Olympic Fanfare and Theme - Williams

We begin with the simpler 'Bugler's Dream' from Leo Arnaud, one of the original themes for the Games. Thereafter, into various themes from Beethoven's 'Wellington's Victory', which draws from the likes of 'Rule, Britannia!' and the National Anthem of the UK. Then, we move into the more traditional themes of the Games, Samaras' original 'Olympic Hymn', followed up by a rousing rendition of 'Olympic Fanfare and Theme', which will reintroduce 'Bugler's Dream' and close the program.

The members and staff of NIWA join me in hoping you enjoy this season's presentation, and Good Luck to All!

VK
NIWA Drum & Bugle Corps
S17 - Div. III Silver Medalist (83.900)
S18 - Div. II Fourth Place (85.580)
S19 - Div. II Fourth Place (81.690)