Login Create Account
2013 Rookies?
FinalBlitzV2
i just happen to get this MML forums and I wanted to know what you guys are going to audtion for DCI?

I'm hoping to do Bluecoats this year if not Pacific Crest, but if u think about it it's more logic it's Pacific Crest since I can't travel back and forth to Ohio so many times xD
Practice doesn't make perfect....it makes you better...
formu1fan
I take it you're a So Cal guy? So am I. I marched Impulse a few years back. I Age out next year, and plan on Auditioning for BD and Cadets. I am leaning more towards BD for transportation concerns, and because I have always loved them. I really need to march, especially since haven't in many years. If school and life didn't get in the way, I would have marched for 6 years! I guess I just have to settle for 3 years...
SaxophoneMan
Hopefully I can march Music City this upcoming season. If not this upcoming season I will definitely try to make it the season of 2014.
Member of CLASS; Member of ENCORE; Member of PERC
TrumpetVinny
I just finished my second season with MCDC, but now that I'm in Los Angeles I've strongly considered Pacific Crest or Academy. Bluecoats still my favorite corps and I really wish I could do it, but I don't even know if it's worth the audition time being so far away.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
FinalBlitzV2
TrumpetVinny im actually taking to consideration to march with Academy this year if i don't make Bluecoats xD
Practice doesn't make perfect....it makes you better...
TrumpetVinny
Whoo! We might march together. I'm pretty set on Academy. I do really wish I could do Bloo, but it does not look like it'll ever happen. I got three years left to march and travelling to Ohio so often (which is why I'm very unlikely to return to my home corps of Music City in Tennessee) just doesn't seem like it'll happen in that time frame (especially since I'll probably have to take one or two years off at some point to do research).
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Jhawk
Its about time for auditions to start. So who is going to the upcoming camps? And where to?
Ivory Brigade
kmarti6
I just want to bump this forum up with the new question of where is everyone marching next summer? The comments before this seem like everyone was a bit unsure.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Stradivarius
I have till 2017 to make crown. I know one of the guys on the board. tim martin. if i ever wanted to march i can probably just message him to find out when everything is and how i would get there from central new york :P i'm dead set on crown :) once i graduate in 2015 i think i'll audition :D
12 years later
iAm64
LOL Strad I'm also a 2015 grad and I have similar plans. But I probably won't be good enough for Crown's brass. I might make Spirit of Atlanta though. I love them.
Stradivarius
aw yea sophmore swag
12 years later
kmarti6
^typical sophomore. You guys are lucky I dont think I ever will get to march with a drum corps due to money and scheduling issues. I guess I will have to be content with just attending a bunch of shows.

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Stradivarius
sorry to hear that kmarti... everyone i ask says its definitely worth every penny! I would still audition so at least you could see what its kinda like :) i hope to audition next year to see where i stand then the following year i'll actually try to get in.

and what grade are you in kmarti? xD
12 years later
Jhawk
You never know if you can afford it or not. When I was in high school we would do fundraising to help people afford the corps you made. It was really important for us to fundraise because the closest corps to us was Colts and it was still a good four hours away.
Ivory Brigade
kmarti6
I am actually a freshmen in college Strad and I totally agree it is worth every penny, my parents on the other hand have no idea what it all entails. I am the first person in my family to really love drum corps and I only became a die hard fan this past summer so that is really the reasoning that I will most likely not be able to do it.

Stradivarius
Lol same scenario here don't worry. First to love drum corps! But I am pretty sure that I may be able to march if I really want to. Anything is possible!
12 years later
formu1fan
Heck, the only time I marched was when I was in High School. Where there's a will, there's a way. I could have done 6 years, but was only able to get in 2. Once I got to college, it was all out the window unfortunately. I age out this summer, but I just can't afford it.
Stradivarius
Aaaaaaw that really stinks.... I feel yah :/
12 years later
Jhawk
Same with me I marched right after I graduated and didn't after that due to putting myself through college. Sadly I might have been able to March when I finished college because my birthday gave me a bonus year, but it is much harder to get donations when you are 21.
Ivory Brigade
Stradivarius
Hey there's always DCA!
12 years later