Login Create Account
Preview of Champions - Sept. 10th
mdmackowiak
On this thread will be information about 19th Annual Preview of Champions. There is be information about the venue, times, schedules and after the contest there will be a review written up.

We hope to make this the best year possible. So sign up now and come be a part of an amazing show. As soon as the spots are filled up, schedules will be made and more information will be distributed.

Date: Monday September 10th
Time: First corps steps off at 1:00pm
Encore by Epic DCB, Music that will be played:
Symphony for Brass and Percussion, 3rd Mvt. by Alfred Reed
The Next Place by Thomas Newman
Selections from the Godfather (Music from our 1st Championship)
Selections from Rite of Spring (Music from our 2nd Championship)
Mansions of the Lord (Corps Song)

Schedule:
12:00pm Marketplace Opens
12:25pm Gates Open
12:50pm National Anthem

1:00pm Wolfdogs
1:15pm Muhlenberg Marauders
1:30pm The White Knights
2:00pm Southwind
2:15pm Angles of Music
2:30pm Spirit of Pride
2:45pm Greenville Cadets
3:00pm The Ohio Troopers
3:15:pm Arctic Regiment
3:30pm The Springdale High Drum Corps
3:45pm Cedar Sound

BREAK

4:30pm Khaki Krusaders
4:45pm The Blue Eagle Drum and Bugle Corps
5:00pm Regal Regiment
5:15pm Corps IBEX
5:30pm Madison Scouts
5:45pm The Druids Drum & Bugle Corps
6:00pm Lexington Legends
6:15pm The Bucs
6:30pm Bluegrass Regiment
6:45pm Immortals

BREAK

7:30pm Highwater Regiment
7:45pm Graffiti
8:00pm Yukon Gold
8:15pm First Legion
8:30pm The Tullahoma Azure Force
8:45pm Crimson Eagle Regiment
9:00pm The Raiders
9:15pm Falcon Regiment
9:30pm Epic

9:45pm Encore by Epic
10:00pm Announcement of Scores
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div. III Silver Medalist x1
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Silver Medalist x5
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. III Gold Medalist x1
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
mdmackowiak
Schedule is posted for Preview of Champions. Check back a day or so after the contest for a write up about the event.
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. II Gold Medalist x1
mdmackowiak
The 19th Annual Preview of Champions was once again a huge success! We had some amazing corps perform tonight as well as some powers in the activity. We start off in Division III where we only had three competitors.

3rd place we had The White Knights. They presented their show qwop. This is the corps second year competing and are off to a rough start this season. Just like any new group, they need to find their groove and keep on pushing through. Good look as your season continues.

2nd place went to the Muhlenberg Marauders. Their high energy show, Faust, was a crowd favorite; however there are some minor issues musical that need some attention. I am sure the staff is aware of this and is currently doing so. The young group still performed with such a presence. They did everything bolding and were not afraid if they made a mistake. The Muhlenberg Marauders were able to avoid being swept in captions by winning Visual GE.

Winning Division III was the Wolfdogs. The Wolfdogs are currently ranked number one in Division III by two points. They present their show Latin Dance which is hot, fast and energizing. This is translating immensely the scores. They will be a force to be reckoned with in Division III for the title! Winning every caption except one, they are well on their way to doing so.

Next we have Division II and in 3rd place we have Cedar Sound. Their show, The Giving Tree, is filled with amazing musical pieces such as Kingsfishers Catch Fire, Autumn Leaves and The Pines of Rome. Even though they received the bronze medal at Preview of Champions, this is a show you will leave humming every movement. The corps puts out an amazing overall sound which is apparent with them taking the Music Ensemble caption. As the season continues this show will be one you will not want to miss!

2nd place went to Southwind! This show was anything from ordinary. Their production Paranormal sent you on a journey and you enjoyed every minute of it. Taking the visual performance caption, the corps demanded attention. Your eyes had to constantly look all over the field or you would miss little things the members we doing and playing. The overall package of the show is amazing. With some fixing and cleaning, the corps can possible see itself making Finals.

Claiming the gold medal and winning Division II at Preview of Champions was Angel of Music. Their so Truine was pure magic to the ears. The opener, Jupiter, was simple amazing! Mix in Aaron Copeland’s Appalachian Spring and you have a heavenly show that is appealing to the ear and the eye. Currently sitting in 14th place in Division II, the corps looks to slowly climb the ladder of success and make something happen in Finals.

Finally we reach Division I. Taking 3rd place is a corps we are all familiar with. The dark and mysterious pre-show music of The Gravel Road set the tone for their show, For Once Was Lost. However, things quickly changed and the raw power of Epic’s hornline plays Verdi’s Dies Irae. Talk about having hairs stick up on the back of your neck. The corps closed their show by playing the 3rd movement from Alfred Reed’s Symphony for Brass and Percussion. The corps was booking in and moving at an amazing pace. Not to mention the spins and tosses the guard was doing. Welcome back Epic!

In 2nd place was Regal Regiment with their show Epic. (I know, it was so nice of them to do a show about us.) But talk about a storyline set up that had you on the edge of your seat the whole time. They are fighting for a title and with an amazing show, they can easily do so. Only being the first week it seems as if the top three corps in Division I will be duking it out.

Winning the gold medal at Preview of Champions was Graffiti. Their show, A Drum Corps Fans Wet Dream, was true to its name! Come on, you cannot go wrong with Carmina Burana as an opener… scratch that… ever! They were BIG, BAD and LOUD! Also, good. Many members and alumni of Epic were happy to hear The Miraculous Mandarin being played by another corps. Epic played the piece back in Season 15.

A side note on Division I. Two out of the top three groups are form Indiana (Epic and Regal Regiment) and the top three corps in attendance in Division I are also the top three corps overall in FMA. It was great to see such high talent in all divisions. We thank all the corps who attended and left it out on the field. May your season continue with great success and we hope to see you once again next season!
Epic Drum & Bugle Corps
Div I Bronze Medalist x6
Div. I Gold Medalist x2

Euphoria
Div. II Gold Medalist x1