Login Create Account
FMA Marching Band July 8th
ssmit
Good evening again. It's time again for another marching band update! My band held its 8th place ranking, but I suppose that's not important. Let's discuss the Top 5 of the day!

Division 1:

Top 5:
1 The Marching Marchers 54.425
2 J. Summerville HS Marching Band 54.270
3 Southmore Hill Royal Regiment 53.900
4 Marching Bureaucrats 53.340
5 Darkness Marching 53.130

It's amazing what one day of competition will do! The Marching Marchers are on top, passing J. Summerville by 0.155 of a point. However, these two powerhouses were at different shows. Therefore, J. Summerville has set ANOTHER unprecedented record, winning its 5th competition in a row. This will conclude Summerville's shows this week, but they will come back next week at the Drums Along the Allergies show next Sunday, in which The Marching Marchers will also be participating. This should be a momentous occasion this season. We shall see if The Marching Marchers, and their director cire, truly have what it takes to maintain their top position. Someone has to end Summerville's winning streak, right?

Darkness has slipped to 5th place with a day of not competing. However, with less than a point separating them from 1st, I'm sure they will come back kicking at the Challenge of the Bands show on Saturday (unless my band has anything to say about it =) ).

As for captions, The Marching Marchers stripped Blue Demons B of most of their titles. The Marchers now lead in Music ensemble, Visual Ensemble, and BOTH GE captions.Blue Demons B still hold onto their Winds and Colorguard caption titles. Those GE captions are getting competitive, folks. GE music has 21 bands within 1 point of leading in the caption. Talk about stiff competition!

Division 2:

Top 5:
1 Mighty Tiger Marching Band 52.025
2 Gold Sound Cadets 50.545
3 Raider Regiment 50.240
4 Muff Divers 49.975
5 Solstice Marching Band 49.960

Not too much excitement here in Division 2. The Divers have continued their slip after another day of not competing. The Tigers continue to lead the pack and have begun separating themselves from everyone else, with a point and a half between them and 2nd place. The Raider Regiment stepped up today, busting into the Top 5. After an embarrassing 6th place yesterday, the band worked extra hard today and took 1st at The Marchers Invitational.

Captions, captions, captions. Raider Regiment took advantage of the Tiger's Visual Ensemble weakness, and now leads in that caption. TheRegiment, currently in 40th place overall, has taken the Winds caption. They must have a killer brass staff! Advice though... fire the Visual team. They aren't doing you any favors =).

Division 3:

Top 5:
1 Mighty Matador Marching Band 48.660
2 The Pride of the Texas Hill Country 48.265
3 WithFlyingColors 47.880
4 Sensorium 47.860
5 The Marching Reds 47.855

Once again, major shake ups in Div 3. The Mighty Matador Marching Band came out to the Aldermen gone wild! show and took 1st. Their score was high enough to push yesterday's Top 5 down one spot each, placing the matadors comfortably in 1st. With barely more than a point separating the Top 10 in this division, its still anyone's game.

Despite not competing since Monday, the Washington County Fine Arts Academy still holds onto their lead in the Winds category. We have a two way tie for leader, with The Marching Knights controlling Visual GE and Percussion and Mighty Matador taking the Visual and Music Ensemble categories.

Division 3 seems to be very turbulent. If you have yet to start a marching band, you might want to consider creating own and seeing how far you can get. It would automatically start in division 3, and with scores being as tight as they are, there is a chance you could get pretty far.

Special Info:

The largest and most attended show today was the Show of Shows hosted by TheRegiment. It held a competition for 20 bands, with 860 screaming fans in attendance. Great job, TheRegiment.

That's it for now, folks. Keep on rehearsing, and make sure to accept applications!

Random Fun Fact of the Day: The striped mittenfish, a deepwater species recently discovered in the Java Sea, can change its sex at will by turning its entire body inside out.
flute88
Glad to see us jump up to third! I'm very proud of my band. :)
Knights Vanguard - Div II
Southmore Hill Royal Regiment - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Guard - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - Div I

Part of the FMA West Combine!
BaritoneB1
I love the Random Fact of The Day...that might be a Facebook Status for me soon! :)
cire
Me and my Marchers look forward to seeing J. Summerville on the field!

and hopefully marching all over them :)
Should be a good show either way!
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
scooter92011
Don't keep your hopes up that much cire. I heard it's bad for your acne! I can't wait to see you on the field as well! =)
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
bando
I was surprised on how well Night stayed up there for not competing today. Good job everybody!

Also, Fact = amazing.

EDIT: We are opening 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee tomorrow. I have coined this as a spelling word for one of the audience volunteers. I soooo hope we use it. haha
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
JohnathanDoerr
Yay jump to first :]
Proud Director of:

Forbidden Regiment
Mighty Matador Marching Band