Login Create Account
Skill Points
Insanity
Out of the options that you are given, what are your views as to which is the best one to get, if you're under a level 10 director?
mceuph
For my first 10 levels I went to max out the Prominence skill.

After that, you have 10 to spend as you wish.

From level 20 to level 30, just save them up and get the Administrator skill when you hit 30.
Continuum (Resigned)
Infinity
Stradivarius
^Like
12 years later
cire
Don't remember exactly, but I didn't get prominence maxed out until recently. I have everything maxed except for Guidance.. which is 6/10.. I'm going to assume I have the most Skills used, unless someone spent actual money on it

I think I worked on all of the Specializations first, and then Motivation, and I got Administration as soon as I hit level 30

Personally I don't think Influence does much for you at lower levels but I might be wrong. I always had the mindset that influence will come regardless.. and I have never really ran promo for more influence, and all of my groups are in the top 10-15 in influence... granted, it took me many seasons to get there..
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
TrumpetVinny
Mine was Specializations first but Administration as soon as I was level 30. Motivation came next. I just recently finished Prominence. Guidance is what I'm working on now. Basically, I was cire but slower.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
hostrauser
I agree with cire: influence isn't a big deal until your ensembles are Division I. Then you need the better caliber of performer high influence will bring to your auditions. So to speak. :-)

For me, I spend my skill points as follows...
Levels 1-10: Max out Effect Specialization
Levels 11-20: Alternate between other two specializations
Levels 21-30: Administrator
Levels 31-40: Finish maxing out other specialization skills (Music/Visual or Equipment/Movement)
Levels 41-45: Motivation
Levels 46-50: Prominence x5
Levels 51-55: Guidance
Levels 56-60: Motivation
Levels 61-65: Prominence x5
Levels 66-70: Guidance

Then alternate Motivation and Guidance until you're maxed out.

That's my plan, anyway.
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile
hostrauser
I guess you should add 1 to all those levels, since you don't get your first skill point until level 2.
FMA v1: 9 Golds, 12 Silvers, 8 Bronzes
FMA v2: See profile