Login Create Account
We need some FMA Southeast discussion
sf2k4
We've got the Midwest, the Northeast, and the Gulf Coast, but those of us just off the Appalachians need a place, too, if you ask me. So where are my fellow Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, South Carolina, and North Carolina drum corps at?
Spirit Drum and Bugle Corps – Mellophone – 2005
The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band – Mellophone – 2006-2011
MellophoneM1
I could join, being in Florida
KKKKKHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prof
Ummm, since when are Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida not Gulf Coast states ? ( Or, were you talking more about those in the northern parts of those states ? )

If people would rather do a generic South East region thats fine but considering the number of people in Georgia and Tenn., that I saw, there's no way to do the shows so that everyone could attend.

( I also saw a HUGE number of people listed in Texas, they might want a division all their own :-) )

Let's discuss ?
brandona1969
I would be all for it, since everyone else seems to be splitting up the areas, why shouldn't we?
North Carolina would be my area of choice here.
If there are a huge number of people, then why not just have more people in our division, or have certain requirements for membership or something?
Director:
Carolina Cadets D&B Corps (Div 3)
Raider Regiment Marching Band (Div 3)
Carolina Beats Indoor Perc. (Div 3)
Color of Carolina Winterguard (Div 3)
Prof
what if we do something like this ?

Southeast combine
Gulf coast Combine

the both groups form " The Southern Alliance"

Each Combine member hosts a show that accepts their 10 combine members plus 5 alliance members ? ( doesn't have to be those exact numbers but something along those lines)

when an alliance member has the bucks to host a 20 corps show they break down something like this
10 combine corps
5 alliance corps
5 corps from anywhere

Thoughts ?
sf2k4
I like it. When someone says "Gulf Coast" I always assume coastal regions only, that's why I brought up a SE region, too.
sf2k4
I always associate Texas more with the Southwest than the Southeast... so I think we should name it as such:

The Southeast Alliance

Gulf Coast Combine
Dixieland Combine or Appalachian Combine

What d'ya think?
cbaggettjr
So has anyone decided if there's a Southern conference? I see a couple of corps from NC.
Clan Wallace-Division I Drum Corps
1st American Regiment-Drumline Division III Champs 2nd Season
First in Flight-Color Guard Division III Champs 4th Season
sf2k4
I think prof and I were discussing turning the Gulf Coast Combine and the Southeast Combine (potentially to be renamed the Dixieland Combine or Appalachian Combine) into two larger divisions of the Southeast Alliance.
brandona1969
I think there are many areas of the country that can be considered parts of different areas... if that made sense. Like Florida can be considered Gulf Coast and Southeast, and Texas gulf Coast and South West. Is there going to have to be overlap in circuit areas anyway?
Director:
Carolina Cadets D&B Corps (Div 3)
Raider Regiment Marching Band (Div 3)
Carolina Beats Indoor Perc. (Div 3)
Color of Carolina Winterguard (Div 3)
Prof
Yes, I would think that there would be some overlapping. From looking through corps I see a whole bunch in Florida as well as texas. Many I assume don't read the forum ( heck I didn't read it the first few days and now I 'm jonesin when several hours go by with no posts )

I could see folks in Texas having a choice to do Gulf South or SouthWest
I can see people in Florida having a choice to do Gulf Coast or ( which ever name is pisked for the other section of the south ? )

The main thing is for everyone interested, to think about it, read all the posts in every region's thread and offer suggestions. My only thoughts were to "try" and make it sorta like the old circuit tours when there were 300 real corps, then everyone meets in finals.

sf2k4
So Prof, do we want to have the Gulf Coast Combine and the Appalachian Combine (I think calling it as such separates the two physically north and south) and combine them (lol) into the Southeast Alliance AKA FMA Southeast?
jblamb1401
It shouldn't be separated into so many areas. There aren't 100's of groups on here. I think it should be "Southeast."
scooter92011
FMA Southeast - Midland Valley Redcoats (Marathon, Florida)
I hope this really works!
**FMA** Hall of Famer*
jford517
Division 2 Flight from TN would like to join if possible
Prof
@jblamb last I looked, there were over 300 drum corps. While I agree ther are most likely some that are not playing, The Gulf Coast Combine of the SouthEastern Alliance is past 10 members with more signing up.

Do you have information on numbers other than whats on the site ?
( I hit "all divisions" & "influence" to get those numbers )

@ sf2k4 I'm all for it

FMA SouthEast
Applaician Combine
Gulf Coast Combine
jblamb1401
My comment was intended to say that I question the number of people who will join a combine.

From the number of "dead" shows and looking at corps' influence levels, I imagine that 25% of people that signed up have abandoned the game. A higher percentage than that are probably playing < 5 times a week. Then a higher percentage than that will not join a message forum combine.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm all for it and I think the combine is a good thing. But I think that I am a good bit more involved with this than the average player.
Prof
So, are the SouthEast Combine and the Gulf Coast Combine becoming the Southern Alliance ?

WHat if the Gulf Coast hosts you guys the 1st week and you guys host us the 2nd week ?
PRPhan04
I'm up for joining the combine. Just let me know what exactly I need to do.
Director for:
Bluegrass Regiment D&BC- D1 CLASS
Commonwealth Arts Acad. HS Band -D1 ENCORE!
Wildcat Winter Guard-D1 LEGS
Wildcat Indoor Percussion Ensemble -D1
TrumpetVinny
I'll join. Nice to represent Tennessee.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.