Login Create Account
FMA Marching Band July 9th
ssmit
Another Day, another competition. If you are new to reading my reports, feel free to only read your division and the "Special Info" at the end. It'll make things a lot quicker. But definitely read more if you want. =)

Division 1

Top 5:
1 The Marching Marchers 55.360
2 Southmore Hill Royal Regiment 54.880
3 J. Summerville HS Marching Band 54.270
4 BD14 53.345
5 Marching Bureaucrats 53.340

Well let's see. Let's start with the most important thing.... my band is in 4th place! Wew!

O, right.... unbiased... ummm... The Marching Marchers spend another day in the lead. J. Summerville may have slipped in ranking, but it is only because they didn't compete. Expect them to rise back up next Sunday. Darkness is also pushed out of the Top 5, thanks to BD14. However, Darkness didn't compete, so expect them to be back near the top tomorrow when they face BD14 head-to-head.

The Marching Marchers are still holding onto their 4 captions, but with each caption being led by less than 0.2 points, it is still anyone's to take. Caption leaders are all exactly the same as yesterday. BORING!

Division 2:

1 Mighty Tiger Marching Band 53.050
2 Gold Sound Cadets 50.545
3 Raider Regiment 50.240
4 Muff Divers 49.975
5 Solstice Marching Band 49.960

Mighty Tiger Marching Band got EVEN BETTER, now increasing their lead to about 2.5 points. Otherwise, the Top 5 remain exactly the same. Come on Div 2 bands! Step it up and de-throne those Tigers!

All captions except Winds are now held by the Tigers. TheRegiment, currently in 31st place, still holds that title.

Annnnd that's pretty much it. If anyone is aware of some juicy Division 2 details, feel free to tell me about it. =)

Division 3:

Top 5:
1 EYME Marching Magicians 50.195
2 Mighty Matador Marching Band 49.180
3 Marching Knights 48.605
4 Atomic Prarie Dogs 48.350
5 The Pride of the Texas Hill Country 48.265

2 more newbies jump into the Top 5! Chaotic Division 3 never fails. EYME Marching Magicians jump to the top after not competing since Tuesday. EYME faced the Matador's head to head at the "A hood holiday show!!" show, validating their dominance over the previous leader. Atomic Prarie Dogs also stepped it up to take 4th place. They owned "The Tattoo" show, winning by about a point and half after not competing since Sunday. Great job both bands.

Every caption is now being led by only two bands. EYME controls Percussion, Guard, Music ensemble, Visual Performance, and both GEs. The Matadors control only the Winds and Visual ensemble. These two groups seem to be fighting for control over their division, but with so few points gained so far this season, it is going to be a long battle for the championship.

Special Info:

Largest show of the Day was the Moscow Invitational, held by the Shestidesyatniki Marching Band and their director jpegbandgeek. Great job for the successful competition! The Invitational had 15 bands competing across all 3 divisions.

Do it Up, directors, and as for cire, I'm coming for you. ;)

Fun Fact, Chuck Norris edition:

There is no ‘ctrl’ button on Chuck Norris’s computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.
cire
Good luck.. and I say luck because that is what you will need to beat me! muwahahaha

Just keep this in mind....

You will lose. :)
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
ssmit
Actually, I probably will. I set my challenge levels lower than I would like them. SO within a few weeks, my guys will just start slipping. =(
rtloveless
My band wasn't scored today even though they performed. If you look at the profiles, nobody scored today.
Ryan T. Loveless
ssmit
mine scored. According to your profile, you didn't compete. Here's a quote from mine:

"7/9/10 March to Troy 53.345 1"

Perhaps, you applied for a show, but never got confirmed?
rtloveless
Made an uh oh on my part. My bad
Ryan T. Loveless
cire
tick :P
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
VincentPezza
tock
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester