Login Create Account
Show Acceptances...
Insanity
It seems like I'm always seeing shows that don't fill up their line-up, even though they have enough applications to do so.

Would there be any way of having it automatically fill it when it gets to a certain time left til show time? Starting at the lowest influence group and going up.

This way it "penalizes" the host group for not filling their show, but "rewards" the lower influence groups that might not normally be accepted.
Stradivarius
I know what you mean... But nobody automaticaly sets up your show for you if you in real life. I feel as though if this was implemented it would take away from the realisticness of the game... Idk maybe some form of this could be effective.

Keep in mind that Alex has been extremely busy. It takes a lot of time and effort for this sort of thing. I do understand what you are trying to say.

furthermore don't forget that group can become unavailable when it is accepted to too many other shows that week. Someone may also remove an application as well.
12 years later
Insanity
You bring up some excellent points and I certainly know that Alex is busy enough. I was just throwing out a suggestion that might make the game "better."

I do see what you mean about it taking away from the realisticness of the game, but also consider how many groups practice at 1 AM, 7 AM, 1 PM, and 7 PM every day... :P

This game is an excellent time waster, and I'm definitely glad that it was created. So, please don't think that I'm just complaining.
cire
If you rehearse at 1am, 7am, 1pm and 7pm.. you are going to end up losing possible points unless you are using your points to end up with a very low number left over each time you spend your points, but that is probably not an effective/efficient use of points.

Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
TrumpetVinny
To be fair a corps director is prolly never gonna forget rehearsal.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Stradivarius
Rehearsing every six hours isn't ineffective... I would imagine that is what most people do on this site lol... I end up with 4 energy left each time I rehearse every 6th hour...
12 years later
bando
I'm actually really picky with groups that I accept to my shows. Often I won't fill a show. But I normally will decline groups that I'm not to accept pretty right away. So I'm not really for the automatic fill. I have my own reasons for the selection, and its not really influence or league based.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
cire
Bando, FYI, I give shows 24 hours tops before moving on to another show to accept me.
Insanity
Cire, on MB and DC if you use:
Winds - Hi
V Prf - Hi
Perc - Hi
Guard - Hi
M GE/M Ens
V GE/ V Ens - Hi
each twice, you should end up at zero every time. And I was just using those times as bare minimums--like when I'm working and not supposed to be on my iPhone...

Vinny, I see what you mean, but how many high school marching bands do that (rehearse four times a day) on a DAILY basis throughout the season?

Bando, would it matter if the auto-fill went into effect just twenty-four hours before the event? It's not going to effect your attendance, but it will give those groups another day of scores to see how they are progressing.
cire
True, you could do that IF that was your strategy.. however if you ever miss a time, you are going to be off by a few numbers until you can even it out again.
TrumpetVinny
I typically only train GE/Ens first before training others. My rationale. I'm usually a better and more active player at the beginning of the season and those are the hardest things to raise. Then to make up lost ground at the end I can quickly train Winds/Perc,etc. It served me well before, but with my labwork becoming more intensive (and lasting longer than 6 hours sometimes) I've been dropping off.
Stradivarius
School day for me lasts longer than 6 hours every day :P
12 years later
TrumpetVinny
Smartphone was how I did it at school but I mostly work in the Clean Room of my lab so no DNA anywhere in there. Can't use muh phone.
cire
I'm a website developer, so there is usually never a time I'm not on a computer more than 6 hours. :)
Stradivarius
Gaaaah lucky :P
12 years later
TrumpetVinny
Maybe when I start making trees and sequencing DNA I'll have a sudden improvement.
Stradivarius
Lol still got 4 months of school left...
12 years later
corndogshuffle
I schedule my classes around this website.

Not really, but it usually works out very favorably for me. The exception being last spring. Haha.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120