Login Create Account
Divisional Issue
BaritoneB1
What can I possibly do to get my Drum Corps, Marching Band, and Drumline in Division 2?

I have actually tried competing. (In earlier seasons.)
I have not competed for a few seasons.
I have competed, but scored near the bottom of the division.
I have joined late in a season.

Knowing that my groups will never be competitive is discouraging. My scores are actually borderline Division 3. I've chosen to not even try to compete with them these last 2 seasons and only play for my Color Guard.
cire
You need to put in the time and effort to raise your score, score good, then in the off season, play again and put in a lot of time. If you do what some people tried, and buy your way into a Div 3 championship, you are only going to screw yourself in the long run
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Stradivarius
Build up your staff! Try fundraising on max and when you rehearse, spend the money on staff as an alternative rehearsal method. It helped my groups A LOT in the long run. Each season you will start out with a higher score because, while the staff is helping you immediately, it is also helping you long term. Maybe take a season off with those groups and do a promotional campaign. It worked for me. Just be patient! It will come in time :)
12 years later
marimbaman89
Are you talking about moving up to Div 2 or down to Div 2?
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame
Corps: 2 D1 gold medals
Band: 2 D1 gold medals
Guard: 10 straight D1 titles (FMA record)
Drumline: 3 D1 gold medals

First group to ever score a 100!
Stradivarius
I think he wants to move down because he is struggling to compete in d1 because his scores are in the upper d3 range/lower d2 range... At least I think thats what he means...
12 years later
bando
In division 1, staff is everything. If you are noticing that you start with a low score every season its probably because you're staff isn't ranked as high. At this point most competitive groups in Division 1 have maxed out their staff members.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Stradivarius
^like
12 years later