Login Create Account
FMA Marching Band July 10th
ssmit
It's a very sad day ladies and gentlemen... my band fell to 6th place. With this black flag hanging over us, I present the daily report.

Division 1:

Top 5:
1 Darkness Marching 56.380
2 Southmore Hill Royal Regiment 55.685
3 The Marching Marchers 55.360
4 J. Summerville HS Marching Band 54.270
5 Spirit of Westchestertonfieldville 54.125

Darkness is back on top after handing me my own butt and showing me the door at the "Challenge of the Bands" show. Southmore took Second at that show, placing them in 2nd overall. Spirit broke back into the Top 5 by taking 1st at the Tidewater Summer music games. With a 3 point spread for the Top 10, bands, like mine, still retain some hope of finding their way to the Top.

Darkness not only busted its way back to the top, but it managed to snag the leading spots for Visual Performance, and both GE captions. However, with BD14 trailing them in Visual GE by only about 0.2 points, Darkness must watch its back. BD14 broke into the caption leading range by taking Visual Ensemble today, leading only by 0.085 points. Blue Demons B is still holding onto Winds, and Discoverers still have Visual Performance. Summerville is losing its captions slowly, but it still maintains dominance in the Percussion category.

Division 2:

Top 5:
1 Mighty Tiger Marching Band 53.050
2 Muff Divers 52.315
3 Solstice Marching Band 51.735
4 W. C. Latin Band 50.880
5 Gold Sound Cadets 50.545

The Divers are back, having improved by more than a point and a half since their last show. THe Tigers continue their lead, despite not competing. However, now that Divers are back, only time will tell what will happen. Solstice bumped back up after taking 1st at the Tidewater Summer music Games. W.C Latin is also back, taking 1st at the Blue Brigade show after not competing since Thursday. Finally, competition has returned to Division 2. With 4 weeks of competition still remaining, The Tigers are going to have to work hard to fend off the sharks beneath them.

Captions are starting to heat up. TheRegiment still has its magic hold on Winds, despite being in 31st place. The Tigers lead in every other caption, but the Divers and Solstice have returned and are challenging the Tigers in every caption. It is only a matter of time until some bursts the Tigers bubble.

Division 3:

Top 5:
1 The Marching Reds 51.315
2 EYME Marching Magicians 51.000
3 Mt Sterling Trojans 49.500
4 Mighty Matador Marching Band 49.495
5 Washington County Fine Arts Academy 49.120

Division 3 just can't sit still! The Reds have reclaimed their seat on the throne after a cool 3 days of rehearsal. The magicians increased by nearly a point since yesterday, but it wasn't enough to fight off the Reds.The Sterling Trojans burst into the Top 5 after taking 4 days to rehearse. Even though the matadors took 2nd at the blue brigade show, they couldn't help but slip in rank. Another few days of rehearsal should do them well. Washington County poked its head into the Top 5 today as well. Afte taking 2nd at the Challenge of the Bands show today, I'm sure their director macklane is fired up and in the competitive spirit.

EYME were robbed of the majority of their captions, but they still hold onto music ensemble, visual ensemble, and both GE categories. Washington stole Winds and Visual Performance, while the Reds took Percussion and Guard. This just goes to show that Division 3 still remains highly turbulent. If you have a division 3 band, concentrate those points and try to specialize. It might help boost you up to the Big dog's level.

Special Info:

Unfortunately, I lost my data for the Sunday shows, so I can't debut my statistics this week. However, I will start re-collecting tomorrow and have Week 2's special statistics ready next Saturday.

Shows today were largely unattended, with 2 shows having zero attendance. The other 2 had 373 and 230 each. Perhaps fans saw more benefit in the Drum Corps Saturday shows.

Random Fun Fact of the Day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
VincentPezza
It's a trap!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
flute88
Loving to see us in second for more than a day! I also noticed that we have the top Guard score, which is awesome. Hopefully we can keep it up!
Knights Vanguard - Div II
Southmore Hill Royal Regiment - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Guard - Div I
Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - Div I

Part of the FMA West Combine!
UWGHowl
Does anyone know how to get higher attendance? My drum corps is experiencing great pre-sale, but my marching band is zero (and it has a higher level of influence). Also, the marching bands in my show had more influence than the drum corps when I selected them.

Just not sure what I am doing or not doing...
Division II - The Knights and Marching Knights
ssmit
It's based upon you and the attending band's influence. make sure the applications are accepted and that the attending bands have high influence.

Also, high ticket costs can severely lower ticket sales.
bando
Hm, I don't compete again until the 16th. This is going to hurt my ranking.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
ssmit
Same. The 16th for both my corps AND my band.