Login Create Account
Trip delays
kmarti6
So I had a very interesting thing happen to me today. I am currently on tour with my college band and today was very interesting to say the very least. We toured Washington DC in the morning and were driving down the highway when smoke starts pouring out of the back of our coach bus. Soon the bus stops running and we get trapped on the side of the road. After being stuck there for three hours another bus comes and picks us up. We drive another hour or so down the road and eat dinner. Then our new bus takes a turn down a narrow road and ends up getting stuck between two buildings. We get stuck for around 45 minutes and have the police called on us for the second time today. After finally getting out of our second jam we reach the hotel around eleven at night.

So do you guys have any stories from travel problems that you encountered on band tours?
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
JacobCaffrey
It's not band, but we had a tour mishap when our choir went to Italy in May. We showed up on a really rainy day in Venice and most of us are from New Mexico, so we didn't show up prepared for the rain. Well...it flooded! Apparently Venice floods every once on a while and we happened to be there on one of those days. The water was up to our knees. One of our directors slipped and fell and broke his ankle and had to be sent back home. It was quite unfortunate, but that was the only major tour mishap. The rest of the trip was great!
kmarti6
Wow did you have other directors to take over?
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
JacobCaffrey
We had out university's current director and the past director. The past director is the one who fell, so the current director took over for the rest of the trip.
cire
Join a drum corps. Basically happens all the time.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
JacobCaffrey
Yes! I agree with cire! When I marched with BK our buds got stuck on the side of the road in Minnesota. The hornline had to go push it out. It was actually kinda fun!