Login Create Account
Staff Upgrades (Level 21+)
Insanity
Recently, I ranked up one of my assistant directors in both DC and MB to level 20 and saw that level 21 is 4x higher ($16,000). There's probably a reasonable answer to my curiosity, but if it's going to cost 4x as much to rank up, shouldn't your staff effect increase by 4x, as well?

It would make sense to pay the $16,000 for a 200 effect increase in each caption. But why would you pay $16,000 for the same amount of effect increase that you received when you only paid $2,000 or $4,000?
Stradivarius
it's kinda like a really good staff member... in real life, he/she would cost a lot more money. lol something like that...
12 years later
marimbaman89
Because the cap for staff members was originally at level 20 but Alex wanted to provide a way for people to use their money after that point without making it impossible for newer groups to ever succeed, so he came up with that compromise.
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame
Corps: 2 D1 gold medals
Band: 2 D1 gold medals
Guard: 10 straight D1 titles (FMA record)
Drumline: 3 D1 gold medals

First group to ever score a 100!
Insanity
I had read about that--I was really bored this morning. Guess when I get both my AD's in all of my groups up to twenty, I'll work on the other staff.

Thanks guys for the replies.
Jhawk
I guess its a good thing I'm still so far away from level 21. Closest I have is a few 7s in my color guard group.
Ivory Brigade
FastForward
Insanity, are you ranking up your AD's first & then working on your other staff members after ???

Thanks
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Insanity
Fast Forward,

Yes. This season I've been max fundraising (I also have the administration skill which doubles my campaigns) and when I have enough money I rank up my AD's. Then at the end of the year, the hour before finals I spend any leftover money I have on other staff members.

So, it looks like this:

DC
Rank 19 and 20 AD's
Rank 1, 6, and 14 Winds Techs
Rank 6 Program Cord.
Rank 1 Winds Arr.

MB
Rank 19 and 20 AD's
Rank 4 and 14 Winds Techs
Rank 1 and 6 Perc. Techs
Rank 6 Winds Cap. Head
Rank 3 Color Guard Tech
Rank 1 and 2 Vis. Techs
Rank 2 Perc Arr.
Rank 1 Vis. Cap. Head

CG
Rank 18 and 19 AD's
Rank 2, 3, and 8 Equip. Tech
Rank 2, 3, and 8 Movement/Dance Tech

DL
Rank 16 and 16 AD's
Rank 1, 3, and 8 Battery Tech
Rank 1, 1, and 7 Vis. Tech
Rank 5 Battery Cap. Head
Rank 1 and 1 Pit Tech
Rank 1 Drill Designer

Reason why I'm doing this, is because with the AD's, when the new season rolls around, you're starting with more of a level base, because it equally boosts up each caption.
TrumpetVinny
Balance? Nah. I leveled up the things that allowed my difficulty level to get higher first. The higher the difficulty, the high I could score. Now with 20+ in literally every staff option, I just wait for show money to come in every season, level up one or two guys and that's all I get out of my staff :P
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
cire
^
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Jhawk
What raises your difficulty level?
Ivory Brigade
Insanity
Vinny: But wouldn't it make sense to level up the AD's first since they raise all captions? I'm just confused on your meaning. Wouldn't two higher level ADs increase the difficulty more than say eight lower level staff?
cire
Jhawk it's something you set at the beginning of each season, based on the previous years difficulty
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Jhawk
Oh yeah. I thought staff had something to do with it after what was said.
Ivory Brigade