Login Create Account
Season 25
Stradivarius
Yeah thats true... I feel as if thats what happened to the corps I'm in last season... We had like 5 shows while everyone else had like 7-8. we placed 3 spots lower than usual.
12 years later
TrumpetVinny
Unless your uber staff was beyond judges tapes. I recall my highschool band didn't do concert festival for like 10 years cause our band directors just kept hearing the same stuff they already knew.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
marimbaman89
What corps did you march, Stradivarius? And it's way different for a concert festival where you are playing music that you bought vs. in band, corps, etc. where you are either playing a show arranged for you, or a pre-arranged show which you still need to come up with the visual design for. If I'm playing Candide for a wind ensemble festival I know I can't go wrong with that as long as the wind ensemble can handle it, but there are plenty of variables in a marching show that could make the show not work or work less effectively than possible. The school I teach indoor percussion at bought a show which was very successful for the previous group that used it but we still had to work through a lot of issues getting the show to work for us this season because of the difference in visual design and other things. Plus, there is no GE judge for concert festivals and that's really the big part of why you need critique!
Silver Falcons
FMA Hall of Fame
Corps: 2 D1 gold medals
Band: 2 D1 gold medals
Guard: 10 straight D1 titles (FMA record)
Drumline: 3 D1 gold medals

First group to ever score a 100!
Stradivarius
March with the Empire Statesmen DCA corps. Rather than 3rd behind the buccaneers and brass, we got 6th behind the hurricanes and the caballeros. It just wasn't the same. The show was obviously better than last years yet we got less credit. I believe you will get a higher score the more shows you go to. Your score is almost guaranteed to improve. Alas more chances to raise your score. I hate politics -_-
12 years later
TrumpetVinny
Bahaha. We felt the same way at Music City when we ended up behind Legends and Gold. I don't remember the exact scores, but I think we'd just finished our tour that was mostly with world class corps and had like 16.1 brass or something. Our first open class show, it dropped to a 14.9 or something. We were just like wtf...

No offense given to the other open class corps, we just felt like we'd done better than our placement.
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Stradivarius
lol I know that feel x)
12 years later