Login Create Account
Empire Statesmen NOT FOLDING
Stradivarius
If anybody was keeping track of the DCA corps you may have seen the news about the corps the Empire Statesmen. We were originally going to fold a little over a month ago. However, our representatives at the board meeting convinced them to allow us some more time to raise money (we were in debt by a lot). But we DID IT. We raised the money. This past weekend our director told us we were going out this season. There were tears and cheering and clapping. Envy one was celebrating. I have never been a part of a group that was so family oriented. I love my statesmen family and I know I will forever be a statesmen.
12 years later
kmarti6
And this is why drum corps is my favorite activity on the face of the earth.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
ChrisRohn
How much $$ did you guys raise?

Detroit Parks & Recreation Department
Stradivarius
like 90,000 bucks lol
12 years later
kmarti6
wow how did you do it?
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
FastForward
Sounds like the Statesmen might be using the same fund raising strategy as the Brigadiers did before they went inactive.
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Stradivarius
We upped the amount of money we were getting for performances and we just flat out payed our dues lol. That and we made 20 grand from working bingos.
12 years later
FastForward
It is good to see the Statesmen will be active in 2013 !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
gcurrier
with all that corps go through in the bad economy like many others, I HATE to see any corps folding and been far too many! Congrats on not becoming a statistic!!!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
Thanks :D lol I've been inactive because I've been practicing with the Statemen xD
12 years later
OverHypeMonster
I didn't realize you guys came so close. I heard the rumors, but I never heard anything credible. It would've been very relevant; Atlanta CV would have either stayed home or tried to join the Clifton show late. I'm glad we get to go to Hornell instead! I've heard really cool things about the last time CV went to that show (combined horn arc, anyone?).
IMcomJosh
If you were that close to folding this season, why not take a season off to completely re-work and stabilize the Corps finances? Beginning the season under rocky to tragic financial state is a recipe for disaster. Just ask Glassmen, Teal Sound, Capital Regiment, etc. I really do wish you all the best and that it does turn out alright in the end. Good luck this season.
Regal Regiment (CLASS) 4XBronze 3XSilver 4XGold
Marching Lords (UNSP) 4XBronze 5XSilver 5XGold
Nobles of Grace (UNSP) 4X Bronze 7XSilver 1X Gold
Drumming Imperials (UNSP) 2X Bronze 5X Silver 7XGold