Login Create Account
Happy Independence Day from the Navy!
TheChiefs
FROM THE DESK OF COMMANDER NATHAN INGRAHM, COMMANDANT, THE CHIEFS DRUM & BUGLE CORPS 2013JUL4

Greetings and salutations,

I hope this Independence Day finds everyone celebrating, feeling the patriotism, and most of all, safe. This is a monumental year; the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg comes to a close today, and the Navy is proud to acknowledge the success of its first competitive drum and bugle corps. The Chiefs have slowly been climbing through the ranks of Div. III competition, taking 2nd with a score of 52.585 at the Independence Day Classic tonight. I couldn't be more proud, and a current ranking of 17th is a wonderful mid-season start for this fledgling corps. I am sure I can say their country is very proud of the work these young men and women have put into their show; to create an entertaining product for the audiences they painstakingly work to serve. They bring honor and credit to the service, and I'm sure you'll agree.

These next following weeks will no doubt bring challenges for the corps. From my desk I don't always get a chance to keep updated on the corps' everyday workings, but as the season goes on the climb will become steeper, and the work more intense if the corps wishes to see a spot in the top 12. I wish them luck, and make sure all the planning and training from my end pushes them in that direction.

The corps' next show won't be for almost a little more than a week, during which time they will be returning to the School of Music in Norfolk, Virginia to continue refining their skills.

Once again, have a fun and safe Independence Day; and congratulations to tonight's champions in FMA.

COMMANDER NATHAN INGRAHM
SepiaToned
Best of luck to you this season!
EuphoniumBuHao
We wish to see you in Top 12 this season!

- The Los Angeles Riot Drum and Bugle Corps
TheChiefs
Thank you!