Login Create Account
Visual Caption Head
DeafGuy
To any members on FMA that may have access or knowledge of any article related with Visual Caption Head duties and role play, can you please pass on the information to me in this thread.

I just assumed the position of Visual Caption Head with a newly appointed drum and bugle corps here in Ontario, called Scout House Cadets. I'm a virgin in this area, and I know contacting the drum corps community, which I know is very helpful, is a choice to go. I'd rather start on here for finding information.
Blue Saints - 2009, snare
Pioneer - 2012, baritone (ageout)
Empire Statesmen - 2013, baritone
cire
What is your teaching/marching experience?
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
DeafGuy
Alright, I have a VERY good idea what I need to do now, after just thinking over and doing a bit of research I am very confident in being a visual caption head and I will probably do a real good job.

teaching, I taught a marching band for a month and I improved their program tremendously in a short period of time after my first experience teaching. Was told I am a "natural."

Marching, indoor Chesapeake (sadly folded by third show, but never performed first two due to financial reasons, and cause of the collapse). Blue Saints, HYPE(folded before tour), Pioneer, Empire States. Although with the foldings, yet obviously the complete tours with the other corps, I have learned and gained valuable information related with visual instruction.

I wanted to start out as a visual tech, but giving in they were looking for a Visual Caption Head, so I acquired the role. Definitely a jump start into my drum corps instructing career.
cire
Sounds good. Just remember to utilize your techs and other staff.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
DeafGuy
I am writing a program for all staff so they understand the visual captions goal, all on the same page.