Login Create Account
Waseca Marching Classic
jodady15
Now accepting applications for the Waseca Marching Classic here:

http://www.fantasymarchingarts.com/event/17720

The Waseca Marching Classic on FMA is based off the real life Waseca Marching Classic, an annual celebration of musical excellence, now celebrating its 26th year. It consists of a parade through historic downtown Waseca, newly renovated a couple years back for the specific event. It then continues at the college campus-style High School area at the stadium there with a Field Show competition. After all of this, the Waseca Marching Jays perform in exhibition, then the lights go out and the Jays play their parade song with horn-light, with a region-famous fireworks show to end the evening with a Bang.
jodady15
I might add that at the end of the fireworks show, several pillars of flame erupt, followed by a succession of mushroom cloud fiery explosions. After all that, the event is considered over.
Stradivarius
Holy cow I'd love to see that in person. Does it get crowded every year?
12 years later
jodady15
Well, sadly I'll admit that its not what it used to be. This year we only had 10 bands show up, and that almost filled our stands up. I suppose if we could really get a huge crowd for the field show, then we could finally get more stands.

On a more positive note, I can say that of those who do come, bands, parents, etc, we have never heard any complaints, and they always leave 100% satisfied.
:)
Stradivarius
That is awesome! My marching band's home show only get like 4 or 5 bands every year. The most I've ever seen at our school is 8. And we usually fill the stands no matter what lol. I have a small school.
12 years later