Login Create Account
Drumline Daily: Change Takes Time
Novak
Well, with drumline shows being scarce lately, so have the editions of Drumline Daily. Just enough change happened tonight for me to be inspired to write a new edition.

DIVISION I
1. Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - 54.965
2. Thunder - 54.780
3. Marching Bureaucrats - 54.510
4. Wolfs Percussion Theatre - 53.455
5. The Drummers Alliance - 53.450

Division 1 was where most of the change took place. Thunder dropped back to second, being pushed around by the surging Southmore Hill Royal Drumline, who raised their score by 2.12 points since their last competition on the 9th. The Marching Bureaucrats burst into the top three, after being placed in 7th entering the weekend. They rose their overall score by 2.285 points, and fought for second place in the Red Tape Fest tonight, winning Visual Ensemble, Music GE, and tying for Visual GE. This solid top three is separated by only .455 points! Chasing them down is Wolfs Percussion Theatre, who hold fast to their fourth place spot. The Drummers Alliance may look down, but they are by no means out! Not having competed since the 9th, they still hold down 5th, awaiting their chance to try and steal the first place spot again.

DIVISION II
1. Line of Distinction - 53.805
2. Golden Sticks Percussion - 51.055
3. The Dragon Rabbits - 50.385
4. BEECHES DRUM LINE - 50.290
5. Red Frogs - 49.820

The changes for D2 were minimal. BEECHES DRUM LINE squeezed through, past the sedentary Red Frogs and into 4th place, raising their score by .83 points. And the only other change in the top five was the phenomenal drumline known as Line of Distinction, continuing their winning streak and raising the bar again for any lines looking to compete for a top spot.

DIVISION III
1. Sinisteria - 50.585
2. Polyrhythmic - 49.900
3. Greatest Indoor DL Ever - 49.230
4. The Arbiters - 48.945
5. Battered Souls - 48.860

Once again, only two top five drumlines competed tonight. Both in the Red & Blue drum off, Sinisteria and Polyrhythmic continued to battle it out, swapping a few captions back and forth before Sinisteria came out on top!

Sorry for the relatively short issue. I checked the schedule, a larger number of shows are coming soon, topped off at the end of the week with the Midwest Regional! Thanks for reading!

QOTD: How excited are you for your first show to see where you stand at the Midwest Regional?
abesimpson
I'm looking forward the regional. I found this place just a couple days ago - so I started behind in rehersal (the old .. couldn't get a full drumline until the tour started problem). Maybe by the end of the week I can be withing Finals striking range - or at least see where the Sticks & Stones need to improve. Thanks for the update.
DC - Gutwrencher Brigade
MB - Accounts Payable H.S.
CG - Gigantors
DL - Sticks & Stones
----Mid-Western/Kansas Division---
BaritoneB1
The Red Frogs were forced to take a 3 day weekend, and are ready to compete again.
VincentPezza
I'm sooo happy with Sinisteria. Taking most of the captions and keeping first place! I'm excited about the regional because then all of my groups will finally have an updated score!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS