Login Create Account
FMA Marching Band July 12th
ssmit
Hello everyone! I took a day off to take care of some real life stuff, but I'm back. Today I will be reporting on not only today's proceedings, but a few things about yesterday. =)

Division 1:

Top 5:

1 Darkness Marching 57.590
2 Southmore Hill Royal Regiment 56.845
3 The Marching Marchers 56.640
4 Marching Bureaucrats 56.175
5 J. Summerville HS Marching Band 55.745

Darkness has increased its lead even more. However, Southmore Hill remains on their tail. The Marching Marchers did not compete today, but they still hold on to a solid 3rd spot. The Bureaucrats are back in the Top 5, even though they did not compete today either. J. Summerville takes the 5th spot, after taking 1st place today at the Gaseous Clouds of Uranus show.

Captions still have a nice ebb and flow to them, with so many bands competing for the top spots. Blue Demons B, currently in 13th place, still hold on to the Winds captions. Darkness leads in captions, currently leading in both GE captions and Guard. The Marching Marchers have both Ensemble captions under their belt, but only barely.

Important news about yesterday. Yesterday, there was a competition for the record books. J. Summerville competed head to head with The Marching Marchers. At the time, Summerville was completely undefeated and the marchers were leading in score. J. Summerville fell to the Marchers by 1.295 points. With another competition today, Summerville still set a record, being the first band to 6 wins. Congrats to the Marchers for the glorious win, and congrats to Summerville for yet another record.

Who will be next to set the win record? My prediction is the Marchers. They lost their first competition, and have won 5 competitions since then. If they win big at the "Horns Across the Cornfields I" on Friday, they will have set the new win record at 6 in a row. BUT, because there i s4 days until that show, many other bands have the chance to set the record before them. If you band sets the record (6 wins in a row), make sure to let me know!

Division 2:

Top 5:
1 Mighty Tiger Marching Band 53.050
2 ILL Wind 52.595
3 Solstice Marching Band 52.455
4 Muff Divers 52.315
5 Synechdoche Legend 51.445

ILL Wind has dived head first into Division 2, currently in 2nd place. They did not compete today and did not compete for the 5 days before yesterday. Great job to them and their director Prof. The Tigers still maintain dominance despite being 3rd place in # of wins and having not competed since last Friday. It will be interesting to see the point spread once they return. Total gap for the Top 5 right now is only about a point and a half giving plenty of room for some movement in the ranks.

The Marching Tissues took the Winds caption yesterday and held onto it today. They have only competed on Sundays so far, but I look forward to seeing more of them in the future. The Tigers currently lead in Percussion, music ensemble, Visual Performance, and Guard. Ill Wind stole Visual Ensemble and both GE captions out from under the Tiger's paws. Captions have been lead by a small group of bands recently, but with the addition of ILL Wind and the Tissues to the mix, smaller bands still have a hope of succeeding.

Division 3:

Top 5:
1 The Marching Reds 51.315
2 The Marching Caledonian Band 51.225
3 EYME Marching Magicians 51.000
4 Marching Knights 50.195
5 Tiger Band And Color Guard 49.880

Shifts in rank once again from the crazy Division 3. The Reds are still on top, even though they have not competed since Saturday. The Caledonians are back, taking 2nd place from EYME. Tiger band and Guard also also enjoying time back in the Top 5. Still a spread of about a point and half in the Top 5.

Captions are all over the place. EYME leads in Visual Ensemble as well as both GE captions. The Reds, despite having the top score, only lead in Guard. Washington Fine Arts Academy still has the Winds category in the bag, while Westwood Academy leads Visual Performance. The Marching Knights are currently leading in Percussion and music ensemble.

Division 3 bands seem to have lower overall scores and compete less often, but are more specialized, resulting in large score gaps in the captions.

Special Info:
Largest show on Sunday was the SoCal Classic. 20 bands attended, performing for 891 fans. Today's largest show was The Cool Show, in which 5 bands performed for 286 fans.

Random Fact of the Day:
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/04/lol-the-reoccurring-prop-newspaper/
bando
Its am thinking that scores will make it into the high 70's and low 80's this season like FMA. It'll be interesting when they start getting up there.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
rtloveless
I can't wait till my band performs again. They'll shoot CLOSE to the top 5
Ryan T. Loveless
bando
Same. We were up there for a while, and then we didn't compete for a while and we got bumped down into the teens. O.o
Founder of the IIEA

VincentPezza
I haven't performed in days and got bumped off the top 20.
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
bando
Our last competition was the 7th, and our next one isn't until the 16th. =/
Founder of the IIEA

Prof
Beware of the ILL Winds as you would a fart in an elevator, We are working hard on our show " Gaseous Clouds of Uranus" and make sure to eat our cabbage and hard boiled eggs each day.

Next time you smell THAT smell, know that you have been in the company of a fan of the "ILL Winds"

Poot poot