Login Create Account
Results for the 1st Annual Drum Corps "Festival of Champions" on Octob
racers
The First Annual "Festival of Champions" was a tremendous success! A total of 20 corps participated in a nearly sold out stadium! We look forward to hosting all of these great corps next season! Below is a list of awards. Best of luck to all as the season progresses!

Division 3 brought us 13 corps!

In 1st place, with a score of 70.190, the "Knights of Cyndonia". They performed an enlightening rendition of "Luminescense". At this point in the season, with the highest score in Div. 3, the Knights of Cyndonia look to bring home the Gold come finals night! Will they hold on?

In 2nd place, with a score of 66.855, "Each1Teach1". They performed a well balanced show called "Superhuman". Their clean visuals is what lifted them to a 2nd place finish.

in 3rd place, with a score of 65.155, the "Kiowan Cavaliers". They performed a mysterious love story entitled "Mystical and Magical". Even with still being a little dirty visually, there musicality earned them a 3rd place finish.

Division 2 brought us 3 corps.

In 1st place, with a score of 68.915, the "Silver Guards"! They performed an emotional rendition of "The Pheonix - A Story of Rebirth". Their outstanding music and visual effects soared them into an out right win!

In 2nd place, with a score of 65.645, the "Cavets"! They performed an energy packed show entitled "A Woman Scorned". Their music and visuals was superb, but their lack of effects is what is holding this corps back. Congratulations on your 2nd place finish.

In 3rd place with a score of 61.030, "The Pride"! They performed "Conversations in Jazz". This show was balanced all around, but still needs cleaning. With just a couple of weeks left in the season, will they shoot past a few corps at semi-finals?

Division 1 brought us 4 extremely talented corps.

In 1st place, with a score of 88.795, the "Corps IBEX"! Their show entitled "oooops" kept the crowd on edge the entire show. With an outstanding performance from "Corps IBEX", they seem to be making their presence known! Congratulations on your 1st place win!

In 2nd place, with a score of 79.620, "Bilbo Swaggins"! Their show entitled "Untitled" seemed to kept the crowd puzzled as to what their theme was. But whatever it is, they performed it well! Visually, the best of the night! Music was their downfall. Can they clean it up before the championship?

In 3rd place, with a score of 78.310, "The Raiders"! They performed "High Above The Best" that left you feeling as if you was flying in the air. Their effects done them wonders, but their marching was out of step at times, which cost them a 2nd place finish!

GRAND CHAMPION:

Corps IBEX

RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION:

Bilbo Swaggins

In conclusion, the 1st Annual Drum Corps "Festival of Champions" hosted by The Experiment would like to thank every corp for coming and providing all the fans and family with outstanding performances!
racers
*Sorry for not seeing the title had cut off*
Stradivarius
This is awesome! It is very cool that you went through all the trouble to give a kind of recap! :)
12 years later
Avid5AFan
Thanj you for providing a recap. This is awesome
racers
Thank you for the kind words. I plan on doing this every season. I'll try to do it for our league championships and FMA championships as well.
DeafGuy
Where are the judge's tape?
Blue Saints - 2009, snare
Pioneer - 2012, baritone (ageout)
Empire Statesmen - 2013, baritone
Stradivarius
Haaaaahahahaha
12 years later
racers
Ahh, i see you have caught on. We was hoping to keep this situation hush hush.

Unfortunately, the judges tapes was stolen from the press box. The police are involved, and are actively searching for them. (So they say...) So, as soon as they are returned to us, we will release them to the public.

;p
Stradivarius
Niiiiiiiiiiiice
12 years later
kmarti6
Just wanted to say that this was fantastic! I would really enjoy reading something like this for finals night.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Stradivarius
Would you do it for the top 12 of each division?
12 years later
Kiowa
wish more people would do these caps but glad to see one of my ensembles up there in their first season with no support from fma! If you like doing this you should get alex to make you a writer we could use more! I'd do things like this but i don't have a big enough imagination.
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
racers
Id be more than happy to do it for the top twelve for each division. I am up for anything.
Kiowa
awesome :D
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Stradivarius
Yeah racers you could be a commentator!
12 years later
racers
That's up to Alex tho. We will see, but I'll be more than glad to it.
Kiowa
just ask him i'm sure he'd let you none of the current ones really do it cuz theyre busy i guess idk.
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
Yeah JHawk left because his father passed away... Cancer I believe :/ and the other one, corndog, is just busy lol
12 years later
Kiowa
:(
#LosLynx

racers
I am sorry to here that about JHawk.