Login Create Account
Season 29 Division 1 DC FMA Championship Recap
racers
On Saturday, October 26th, FMA brought us the top 12 Division 1 Drum Corps in the nation to compete in one final event, the Fantasy Marching Arts Championship! After a fantastic night of performances, with every corp giving it there all, here are the recaps of Season 29 Division 1!

In 12th place, with a score of 90.815, the "Twin Cities Titans"! Their show is entitled, "Skittle Muphin". They had enlarged props of skittles stationed every 5 yards in an arc, each one being a different color. The colorguard were all dressed as muffins that had skittles spotted throughout there attire. This was Twin Cities Titans first Division 1 finals appearance. Jitters of nervousness and excitement could be seen from the press box. This was a well balanced performance, but they just didnt have enough time to clean to perfection to place in the top 10. Congratulations on your first ever Division 1 finals!

In 11th place, with a score of 91.910, the "Spirit of Sunnyvale"! Their show is entitled, "All Alone!!!!!!!". This show told the story of a boy who had been moved around to multiple schools as his family persistently moved to find better lives for them. As the story unfolds, the boy makes friends as he joins band out of love for music. At the start of the show, the corp marches on the field in solid white, with a single trumpet player marching in from the opposite side of the field dressed in solid black. As the show progresses, he joins the corp, and appeases his loneliness. They had a solid performance, but what kept them from placing higher that night was their music performance and effect captions. This was also their first time making it to finals! Congratulations on your 11th place finish, and your first appearance in Div. 1 finals!

In 10th place, with a score of 93.290, the "Redcoats"! Their show is entitled, "Revoked". This show told the story about Scotland being revoked of their lands by Great Britain. Until a man, named Braveheart, rose up, inspiring his fellow countrymen to take back what was theirs, to stand up against oppression. As the show ends, Scotland becomes free from the rule of Britain. The colorguard were dressed in chainmail, and used spears. The corp were wearing kilts. During the ballad, the whole corp played bagpipes. Musically, this show was outstanding. It oozed emotion, that sucked the crowd right in. What hurt them the most was their visuals. You could tell that a last week change to the closers drill was made. The sets just didnt quite line up at times. This is the 2nd appearance for this Drum Corp in Division 1 finals. This corp looks to continue to rise up the ranks, to make a push for a medal placement. Congratulations on your 10th place finish!

In 9th place, with a score of 93.320, the "dunkirk patriots"! Their show is entitled, "American Heroes". This show was dedicated to the surviving veterans, and to all those that lost their lives fighting for the freedom of the United States of America. They had replicas of tanks and airplanes on the field, with voice overs through the show of the national anthem. This show brought the audience to their feet in a patriotic fashion. They had an outstanding visual performance, but what kept them from placing higher was their music effect. Dynamics could barely be heard through the voice overs that dominated the show. Congratulations on your 9th place finish, your 5th straight consecutive finals appearance!

In 8th place, with a score of 94.710, the "Corps IBEX"! Their show is entitled, "oooops". This show kept the audience clutching their sides with laughter. It was full of intended slips and falls, water balloon fights, and cool whip pies to the face. Mistakes throughout the show was part of the design. The percussion was top notch, receiving a perfect 10. They threw sticks 10 yards across the field to each other. At one point, they picked up a fellow drummer, flipping them upside down as they continue to play. It brought the crowd to their feet. What really hurt this corp, was the colorguard actually being too clean, which didnt fit into the show design, hurting their score, and their music effect score took a hit for being well performed as well. Congratulations on your 8th place finish.

In 7th place, with a score of 94.950, the "Regal Regiment"! Their show is entitled, "Royal Procession". This show told the story of a King and Queen being elected into their respective positions, and the celebrations that took place in respect to the knew leaders. The corp actually created their on parade on the field, by splitting up into 9 equally grouped sections, playing completely different music. During the ballad, the corp portrayed a great feast. Finally, during the closer, the guard rolled out a long red carpet that stretched from the front sideline to the back hash, that at the end sat the King and Queen in their throne. This show was well designed, and performed fantastically. But what held this corp back from a top 5 finish was their percussion and colorguard. It may have been the fact that wind had been increasing during the day, and all of a sudden a gust of wind reeked havoc among them during the show. Congratulations on your 7th place finish, we look forward to your success next season!

In 6th place, with a score of 95.085. the "Chipley Vanguard"! Their show is entitled, "Space". This show told the story of the U.S.S. Enterprise traveling through space protecting the Galaxy from the evil Klingons. It included every member carrying a faze gun,(Set to stun for safety precautions), and included a full out battle between the two. What kept this corp from placing higher was their effect scores. With all of the stunning that took place during the show, there wasn't many members left to finish performing. Congratulations on your 6th place finish.

In 5th place, with a score of 95.335, the "Cornhuskers Drum & Bugle Corps"! Their show is entitled, "Kaleidoscope". This show had an extraordinary amount of props, including mirrors, prisms, and colored glass. LED lights were strategically placed to shine light around the field to present a colorful array took your breath away. The corps uniforms had diamond shaped mirrors, and at one point during the ballad, through strategic drill design, created lit up triangle on the 50 yard line. Their effects scores were on another level, but what held them back was their colorguard and percussion scores. Congratulatiobs on your top 5 finish!

In 4th place, with a score of 96.765, the "Silver Falcon Drum and Bugle Corps"! Their show is entitled, "Wind". This show told the story of Christopher Columbus sailing the open seas in search of new land and a fresh start in life. It featured props arching from the 15 yard line to 15 yard line that were sails from sailboats. As if foreseen by the director months ahead, a suddem downdraft of wind hit the field, causing ripples to trail through the props adding much visual effect to their show. What held them back was their music performance. Congratulations on your 4th place finish.

In 3rd place, with a score of 97.160, the "Khaki Krusaders"! Their show is entitled, "Khlassik Khaki". This show was about the officers of the United States Army, and what led to the uniforms they wear today. It started off with a real cotton gin on the field, with sewing machines in use by the color guard members. They then showed how color was implemented into clothing. The Corp was dressed in brown Khakis. with brown military jackets. Their music consisted of God Bless America, the National Anthem, the Color Wheel, and My Old Kentucky Home. What kept this corp from a gold or silver medalist finish their visual performance, and visual effect. Sloppiness really hurt them. Congratulations on your 3rd place Bronze Medalist finish!

In 2nd place, with a score of 97.465, the "Lexington Legends"! Their show is entitled, "The Celestrial Railroad". This corp had an enormous amount of special staff just for the prop design. They created a complete and functional railroad tract on the field. This show told us the story of the first railroads in creation, and how it changed America. The corp was dressed in railroad conductor uniforms. They even had train horns blaring throughout the show. It was an excellent performance but the judges seemed to think that they overdone the effects, taking away from the rest of the show, and costing them a Gold Medal. Congratulations on your 2nd place, Silver Medalist finish!

In 1st place, with a score of 98.160, the "Carolina Royals"! Their show is entitled, " . " This corp was the largest of the night, with a total of 279 members. Many in the audience was confused by the show title, but were soon given the reason by the drill design of the show. They created on the field question marks, quotation marks, exclamation marks, colons, semi colons, @ symbols, star symbols, commas, and more! This show told the story of how we communicate, adding expression to our sentences, to further translate our thoughts. The crowd loved it, and gave a standing ovation when they spelled out on the field, "Drum Corp For Life"! This corp couldn't be stopped, and earned a well deserved Gold Medal. Congratulations on your FMA Championship!!!

All in all, congratulations to every Corp this season. Thank you all for performing your hearts out, and giving your fans performances of a life time that kept them begging for more! It was a great ending to Season 29, and we look forward to your success next season!!
racers
I hope you all enjoyed these recaps! It was fun writing them.
Stradivarius
Wow this is just incredible! And I really like how you interpreted my show! Braveheart music would be amazing music to have in a drum corps show too lol. I also really like the recap of Corps IBEX xD
12 years later
firebird75
I finally understand what my show was about!
Stradivarius
ikr same here x)
12 years later
racers
lol
Kiowa
lol i like what you did with the Carolina Royals that one had to of been hard to make into a show lol. I'm lame and look up real shows each season I'm thinking for season 31 i might do one of Alex's marching shows he wrote
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Stradivarius
I used to make shows... Now I just make the show title and let people interpret it as they wish lol
12 years later
DCIGuy
Awesome, just awesome.

The Krusaders are happy to have finally medaled. Now on to next year!
corndogshuffle
Congrats on your first medal! Feels good right? Sometimes all you need to do to get a bunch is get that first one.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Stradivarius
Yeah I'm still workin on that lol
12 years later
kmarti6
Strad you have D2 and D3 medals
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Stradivarius
I mean like D1 lol once you get going in d2 and 3 it gets pretty easy. I mean my d3 medal came to my marching band in just my second competitive season. That was also my first full season lol. My guard won in d2 the season after I campaigned for a season. I won by like 3 points too lol I went undefeated. It was also the most I had ever rehearsed until like 3 seasons later.
12 years later
kmarti6
Haha wow I still need to win a championship.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Stradivarius
haha looks like next season you'll have to take preseason off next season and win d2!
12 years later
Stradivarius
Are these recaps going to happen again this season?
12 years later