Login Create Account
Help me out
ajh18
Ok so First day of a competition and I come in second place by 10 whole points...It's the first time I am in D2 for my Marching Band (also drum corps still waiting on scores) I just want to know how in the world I just got blown out? What do you focus on in rehearsal?

Empire Statesmen 2012 and 2013
Drum Corps: Ferocity-MAoMA
Marching Band: SMH Lancers-ISMA
cire
The strategy really depends on each group - especially once you consider your staff
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Stradivarius
Yeah based on the fact that it is the first show, they have a LOT higher ranked staff than you... it just takes some time is all. You'll get there eventually!
12 years later
cawheat
Apparently I have a collection of blind and deaf ferrets as my staff.... :)
ajh18
Well I did too but that's because I forgot about staff until they said that lol. I immediately went and upgraded and hired more staff lol. All I had was some techs and an assistant and program director!
ajh18
This sucks I had a plan on how I was going to win D3 too and then I got stuck into D2 :-/
Stradivarius
Haha Nice try Adam x)
12 years later
ajh18
I'm not happy about it Jake not at all!
Stradivarius
Look at it this way: this is FMA telling you are good enough for a higher level of competition! You're on your way to becoming one of the greats! Now yah just gotta compete lol x)
12 years later
kmarti6
One of the things you also need to know is if you keep rehearsing you will make it into the top 12 by the end of the season. I was in a very similar spot starting season 24 and I ended up taking 4th.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
ajh18
Lol Jake I am having flashbacks of a David conversation. Anyway yeah in my first season I started at like week 3 or 4 and ended up missing finals by one place that's with starting late, last season I again missed only by a few spots. I don't know I have a different strategy this season we shall see if it pays off.
Kiowa
i even everything out.
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Kiowa
i feel like everyone knows everyone on this site except for me lol all u have to do is a google search of my jersey number and school to find out who i am
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
ajh18
Whats your jersey number? Me and Strad know each other because we were in Empire together along with DeafGuy. Those are the only 2 people I know on here.
Kiowa
31 I play for University of Louisville
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
You're from Louisville?! That's awesome! Is the women's team usually ranked?
12 years later
Kiowa
yep we're ranked 5 this yr
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
Are you a starter?
12 years later
Kiowa
im not from louisville im from florida technically but raised in ohio and now im in louisville as an RS for the team
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
Sorry... RS? lol this is why I does band...
12 years later