Login Create Account
MAoMA to Endorse New Indoor Percussion League
Stradivarius
Recently there has been a push toward the expansion of the MAoMA circuit. After conversing with the founder and the legendary gcurrier, I have made the decision to begin the league at the commencement of season 31. All MAoMA members should move their current indoor percussion ensembles to this new league upon inception into the competitive season. There has been, however, a toss up of league names. It is now up to the MAoMA members and other active members to vote on what the title of this league will be. The choices have been narrowed down to FOUR potential names. They are:

International Association of Indoor Percussion (IAoIP)

National Indoor Percussion Circuit (NIPC)

Midwest Association of Indoor Percussion (MAoIP)

Downbeat Percussion Circuit (DPC)

Please vote now on this thread! At the end of the season (or until people stop voting) I shall tally the results and create the league and set up a shedule corresponding to the MAoMA show schedule.

Let the voting begin!
12 years later
JShuler
I vote for Midwest Association of Indoor Percussion (MAoIP).
Ian89
International Association of Indoor Percussion (IAoIP)
Color Guard- Division 3 World Champions
Marching Band- Division 3 World Champions
Durm Corps- Division 3 Bronze Medalist
Drumline- Division 2 Semifinalist
Celbv
I vote for International Association of Indoor Percussion (IAoIP)
Kiowa
MAoIP is my vote
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
gcurrier
I am also proud to endorse the new league and strongly encourage CLASS drumlines to join. Knight Drumline and our SIX world championships will enthusiastically join.

in order to promote a more global and inclusive organization--we vote International Association of Indoor Percussion (IAoIP)
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
AspenDirector
I fourth the motion for International Association of Indoor Percussion (IAoIP).
Executive Director of the Aspen Musical Ensembles
Stradivarius
I vote IAoIP as well.
12 years later
corndogshuffle
Don't know if it's my place to vote since I'm not joining. but I like MAoIP for the sake of continuity with your other league.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Stradivarius
Yes this is an open vote! Everyone can vote corndog lol
12 years later
Aqua
Midwest Association of Indoor Percussion (MAoIP)
Director of Aquatics
TrumpetVinny
[unspecified]
KStove is a jerk for breaking my records.
Kiowa
vinny that's not a vote lol
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Stradivarius
So there is one for "other"
12 years later
kmarti6
I am going to step in and say that since this is a joint venture with CLASS we should go with IAoIP although I did like the sound of MAoIP also what are we doing for the BOD? I was planning on creating a drumline next season anyways but if other guys wanted to be on the BOD I would understand.

Once again I vote IAoIP
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
gcurrier
I appreciate that as well Kmarti
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
Sounds good! We could also start a marching band league soon after this drumline league gets solidified.

I plan to add gcurrier and you to the board and then whoever is on the board in MAoMA that joins the league. It might be easier to just keep two BODs until we get all the members transferred over. But this could be pretty big!
12 years later
kmarti6
You should also look at the CLASS BOD members.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Stradivarius
Absolutely lol whomever joins I will definitely consider them!
12 years later
Kiowa
I want to be on the board for the marching band I CALL DIBS
#LosLynx