Login Create Account
random impact of given show
gcurrier
I am no programmer, so I don't know how easy or difficult this would be--but one thing I would like to see is a random show multipliers so that overall standings aren't necessarily true standings just like DCI. so in other words it wouldn't change the overall ranking for an individual show, but may overall in standings/scores so it leaves it a bit of a guessing game unless it is a true head to head. show A might get a bump of 5% (you know how west coast DCI gets like 10-15% at beginning of season) show B might get bump of just 2% where show C gets a -5% (like east coast scores :) ) it would keep us guessing a little bit more if corps 1, corps 2 and corps 3 haven't gone head to head where they truly stand against one another. Corps 3 might look in third place but really, they are in first.
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Prof
Or a drop in scores for bad performance or bad judges ?
TeamFrenchToast
I've always wished for something similar, like judges with their own personalities. I'm not a programmer either, though I'm sure there's a way to do something like that. Like create a whole bunch of judges each with their own scoring tendencies that show hosts can then "hire", then randomize which judges judge FMA championship shows.
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
DeafGuy
Its all algorithm and math... Would be pretty hard to code and implement.
Blue Saints - 2009, snare
Pioneer - 2012, baritone (ageout)
Empire Statesmen - 2013, baritone
TeamFrenchToast
I don't doubt it! Really I'm fine with the way it is, and I totally understand if Alex doesn't have the time to code all of that. I know I certainly wouldn't.
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
gcurrier
It seems like the less complex the more likely it is that it could be done

DeafGuy
He probably has connections who helped him not only build the website and this awesome idea, but also help abstract ideas from in game members and develop codes with his friends when he consults with them. There is, by the looks of it, updates for FMA almost every other season.
Blue Saints - 2009, snare
Pioneer - 2012, baritone (ageout)
Empire Statesmen - 2013, baritone
gcurrier
oh he has always done a great job of taking ideas and running with it to improve...this actually is all phase 2 of the original FMA anyway...this is very different from the old site---for the better

Alex
 -infinity
The hardest part about adding in judges with tendencies is actually generating all the judges. No judge could be in two places at once, and there are maybe 30 shows each day with an average of 6 captions per show - so that would be 180 names/tendencies to generate at the very least, even more if we didn't want every judge to be present every single day.
gcurrier
right--so my original idea was more that we would just do a show adjustment. What if when the host is setting up a show they pick a number 1-10 and and you have random increases or decreases attached to those that will then impact the shows scores (same for all captions).

gcurrier
i'll buy a world class pack! LOL maybe even one next season and one the season after if you do LOL

Stradivarius
I like it.
12 years later