Login Create Account
League Tournaments!!!
Nickdrummer
Hello,
I have a really cool idea for a league tournament! If leagues could face each other, then you could get into league rivalry for special awards and trophies!!! Like CLASS all division 3 v.s MAoMA all division 3 same with division 2 and 1
If CLASS and MAoMA would be listed as rivals we could have like a special trophy each season that the winner of each division and league would get like the "Superior Marching Arts" award. These awards would also be in the "League Trophy Box" that could be on league page!
Founder RPGs, RSCGs. BoD IAoIP
3 time bronze medalist
Season 31 Division3 MAoMA champion
Commentator
TeamFrenchToast
So...the winner of the combined leagues for each division gets the trophy, or is it the league itself that gets the trophy?
Wolverines (CLASS)
Rock Creek Marching Band
Nickdrummer
probably both
winner of each division gets trophy on profile,
league gets trophy with players name that one on it
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator
Stradivarius
I am Strad and I approve this message.
12 years later
Nickdrummer
thanks
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator
cire
I am cire and I approve of Strads approval. but not of the actual message.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
kmarti6
I like this as well the shows could also be done on the Wednesday or tuesday before finals and perhaps it could be between all leagues?
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
bando
I don't think this would work very well as an actual feature on the site, but if leagues wanted to do it just have the league founder or another league member use that as their show. The reason I don't think it works as an actual feature is because how would rivalries be decided? How would you accurately pair leagues so its somewhat fair and competitive? Would Leagues need to have a certain number of active members? Making a day with all the leagues could work, but anyone not in a league would be left out of a day of competition or if its a regular season day it takes away another possible show day for people to host.

Before leagues existed as leagues, combines (as they were called then) used to have weeks where their members hosted members of other leagues. It was kind of more like a tour of sorts. Here's a quote from a post early on:

Week 1 Gulf Coast Hosts / NorthEast Travels to Gulf Coast
Week 1 Southwest Hosts / Midwest travels to Southwest
Week 2 Midwest Hosts / Southwest travels to Midwest
Week 2 NorthEast Hosts / Gulf Coast travels to Northeast

Of course back then Combines were a regional sort of thing, very much different than the leagues we have now. You can also see this system pretty clearly in this East Coast Combine calendar from 2010:
http://easternc.webs.com/apps/calendar/showMonth?calID=4882600&month=8&year=2010&move=nextMonth

That concludes an FMA history lesson for ya. You're welcome.

On a side note, I think the idea of league trophies is cool. Even giving a league the ability to give awards (or even just badges maybe?) to its members would be something.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
cire
Can't believe I've been playing this game for 3 years.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Nickdrummer
Thanks Bando, you make a valid point. The founder of a league should be able to go to another leagues founder check out the people and they both can determine if they are rivals. And i was thinking that it would be like One to Three days out of the year that you as the player can sign up for
(poor example:P)
CLASS Founder and MAoMA founder talk or click special icon however, become rivals
Under tournaments for possibly each day. They are first and a rival tournament.
I am with MAoMA so i hit apply
Bando you are from CLASS, pretending we were both division 3, you hit apply and we would be in the tournament
Next two leagues signed up might be CLASS and something else
you hit apply
the other dude hits apply
new "round"
just like regular shows division one against one etc.
except it is just two leagues not everyone is allowed in
does that sortve help

oh and thanks cire!
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator
Nickdrummer
yes kmart6 that would be the plan unless it was every day but only one show per league per day not counting as your own amount of applies
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator
Stradivarius
Such great ideas lol
Maybe it could be just a separate page? Like you would have a rivalry, and there would be a link on either league page that would bring you to "Rivalry Standings." It would list the overall standings of the scores of all the active members that season. It would have their league name next to the group name and would look kinda like the statistics page. Then, there would be another option next to all the other caption scores (you know what I mean, the buttons you click to compare wind scores, percussion scores, GE scores, etc etc...) that would be called "Average Score." This would have two blown up numbers (like big on the screen) of the average score of all the members from one league and the other.
Here is an example of what it would look like for the top 6 from each league (I don't have time to do almost 75 groups and average them all):

CLASS 80.44 MAoMA: 72.68

Overall Standings:
1. Nemesis.......................CLASS......83.150
2. Lexington Legends......CLASS......81.405
3. Carolina Royals...........CLASS......81.100
4. Corps IBEX..................CLASS......79.595
5. Chipley Vanguard........CLASS......79.265
6. Leviathan.....................CLASS......78.125
7. Incognito Brass............MAoMA......77.960
8. Hoosier Regiment........MAoMA......73.705
9. Hornets........................MAoMA......71.710
10. Spirit of Sunnyvale.......MAoMA......71.380
11. Spectrum Force...........MAoMA......70.905
12. Sigma Regiment...........MAoMA......67.945
12 years later
Nickdrummer
YES, and if enough people come here and comment with adding to my idea then it might work!!!
I messaged Alex the creator of FMA and told him to see what he thinks!!!
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator