Login Create Account
Commentator Ideas
Jhawk
Starting next season I'll be going back to commentating on Corps and possibly Guard as well. What kind of things would you like to see? I have some ideas to make it fun. And hopefully develop some good rivalries and get more people excited to be on the forums.
Ivory Brigade
Kiowa
At the end of this season you should write down the top performers and when they create a show next season pick one or two from each week and commentate on that. (And of course finals)
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Nickdrummer
I definitely think we should get more people onto the forum!
Founder RPGs, RSCGs. BoD IAoIP
3 time bronze medalist
Season 31 Division3 MAoMA champion
Commentator
Nickdrummer
Ohh I like that Kiowa!!
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator
corndogshuffle
I've asked this question a few times but had trouble getting responses. The type of article I have tried to write is simply too time consuming to do every week. I'm always open to ideas and want to write something every week so anything you would like to see I'm willing to try.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Stradivarius
Yah know what? I kinda would like to see forum competitions! Something to get the members involved! All you guys would have to do is host the competitions! I remember once I think you, Jhawk, did a thing where you had to predict your score at the beginning of each week? Then at the end of that week you'd get marked points off based on how close you were! I really like that idea. We could do things like that.
12 years later
Nickdrummer
I am Nickdrummer, and i approve Strad's message!
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator
Kiowa
nick why don't you do some commentating you seem like you'd be good at it i'd do it since i have a lot of time on my hands but im not that creative in writing
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Jhawk
Yeah that was what my plans were in Season 25 strad, but that was the season that I ended up having too much RL stuff going on and had to take a break shortly after starting that contest.

I have a few contest ideas so hopefully I can get those going next season.
Ivory Brigade
Kiowa
why wait? get people excited now maybe by doing so you can get more commentators up in here
#LosLynx

Jhawk
I have to completely hash out the ideas. Last time I didn't put much thought into the rules which caused a lot of confusion as well as many clarifications. I'll probly start something on finals week. I've been toying around with an idea for a separate Solo & Ensemble competition for finals.
Ivory Brigade
Nickdrummer
Thanks Kiowa!!
I pm'd Alex if I could become a commentator a few days ago!
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator
Nickdrummer
If I become one, I wouldn't mind teaming up with u jhawk, we could do a special segment and do it every other week! Like you one week me the next etc if u would be interested, first lets see if Alex will make me one!
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator
Kiowa
well he prob won't let you unless you have done one before so get to it
#LosLynx

Jhawk
I don't know what the requirements are now a days, but I became one because I used to be super active back since the beginning.

I also used to do uniforms for people, but I don't have my templates anymore.
Ivory Brigade
Kiowa
he hasn't been on here lately anyway
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
yeah I have considered being a commentator as well... maybe for drumline because nobody does anything for drumline lol
12 years later
Nickdrummer
Yeah I know he hasn't been on here lately, idk it is hard to tell how active i can be becuz I have school and I have been on break for the past two weeks! I am always on now but idk if I can always be becuz of school
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator
Nickdrummer
What should I do one on and how! Besides I don't wanna make Alex upset!
3 time bronze medalist
Commentator
Kiowa
lol no one ever commentates d3 they only do d1 & d2
#LosLynx