Login Create Account
CLASS Championship Review
gcurrier
CLASS Championship was another great event with some of the top corps in the country fighting it out one more time before World Prelims. The best of the best headed to Charlotte NC, home of the Threepete World Champion Carolina Royals. The order of appearance was reverse order of CLASS Standings based on the average of all previous CLASS Regionals for Season 31. As defending CLASS Champions from season 30, Lexington Legends went last.

In Division 2 we only had one competing corps, Blue Devils of Carolina. The corps came in strong with "The Storm" and actually was able to out pace many division 1 corps. Currently in the top 12 of Division 2, many wondered if the corps will move up to division 1 next season.

In Division 1 we started off with Black Mambas the previous world class finalist returned to the field "From Nowhere". Unfortunately the limited tour left the corps a little flat to the competition. Financially the corps has been working a lot off the field so they can have a stronger run in future.

next up Bluegrass Regiment. The corps presented their show Ex which brought back both fond memories and bitter feelings. The corps who had a slow year saw some point jumps in these last few shows and felt like the show was really on the upswing as we head towards finals.

Holy Regiment was really ready to bring the strongest show they had this season. The Devils Staircase had some excellent moments for each section and was very balanced show across the board. They certainly put the pressure on Vincent Storm whose Beyond the Horizon just couldn't stand up to the surge. Holy Regiment really had them in GE Music. Overall two great corps to warm up the crowd.

At Intermission CLASS Honored each of the top students from all CLASS corps who were chosen by their peers as corps MVP of the year. The drum major from Carolina Royals was chosen as the CLASS MVP of the year.

After intermission it was on to CLASS corps currently ranked in the top 12 of FMA!

Leviathan who has climbed a steady ladder of progression all season is currently in 9th overall rankings but their GE shows is among the top in the country. Of Sailors and Whales certainly had judges impressed with the level that Leviathan can take their shows, but unfortunately the performance categories really ended up being weak. Winds and Visual Performance actually lost to Holy Regiment.

Chipley Vanguard Dreams seem to still be coming true as they are strong into the top 12 at 7th. Leviathan certainly was on their heals outdoing them in GE and ensemble areas, but take 3rd in all performance categories kept the dream alive and out of Levithians reach.

Carolina Royals have come on like wild fire and it certainly showed at CLASS Championships. The corps came in ranked 3rd for CLASS Regional Rankings having only won the CLASS Western Showdown a few days before, but taking silver or bronze at previous shows. While the corps didnt win any caption, their solid GE and performance were extremely strong. They captioned silver in GE, Percussion, Brass, Visual Performance and Guard. Symphony #8 had thousands on their feet as it really drove home why this corps has already won three championships in a row and are well on pace to win an unprecedented fourth!

Nemesis who returned with a vengeance this season certainly isnt walking away quietly. After their silver finish out west, they came back looking for revenge at CLASS Championship with their show Metamorphosis. Their struggle continued though in the performance captions. GE was strong as they took the category solidly along with ensemble. In performance however they dropped to 4th across the board. The trip south wasnt enough to get the corps back to first and unfortunately they dropped to bronze, but the crowd certainly appreciated their return to CLASS and FMA!

Defending CLASS Champions turned on the heat taking on both top corps in the country and nearly took first for themselves. While Lexington Legends came up a bit short in GE, they won Percussion, Brass, Guard and Visual Performance which shot them up to take the Silver overall with their show DSCH, the music of Shostakovich. The defiant heart has shot them back up into second where they have found themselves the previous 3 seasons. Will they save up one last surge to take first or settle for second once again?

Congratulations to our bronze winner Nemesis, silver place corps Lexington Legends and our Grand Champion Carolina Royals.

Not much is known in FMA but one thing is for sure, the top 3 corps in the country who will be fighting it out come finals night are from CLASS. Will Lexington Legends grab that gold that has barely alluded them for several years? Will Nemesis truly morph into that world Champion that has won more than any other corps and grab one more? Or will the top corps in the country grab a FOURTH in a row world title? A feat never before achieved!

Three days of finals wait us and anything can happen!

Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
bando
Nice gcurrier!
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
gcurrier
thank you sir--i want to do for all regionals but hey...

bando
Believe me. I feel your pain hahaha
Founder of the IIEA

SaxophoneMan
Very detailed! I like it!
Member of CLASS; Member of ENCORE; Member of PERC
Jhawk
Ouch so my group didn't compete?
Ivory Brigade
gcurrier
Nope you were at drums along the cornfields. Too bad you were ranked first in division 2.

Jhawk
OH my bad I never even saw finals when I was picking out comps. I thought it was on Sunday
Ivory Brigade
Kiowa
lol makes me want to switch to class
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Nickdrummer
Kiowa don't you dare! :) CLASS is good and SO is MAoMA
Founder RPGs, RSCGs. BoD IAoIP
3 time bronze medalist
Season 31 Division3 MAoMA champion
Commentator
gcurrier
Finals is always the last regular show of the season to avoid confusion.

Kiowa--consider yourself invited! :)

saxamattone
Very we'll done! This really brought the whole season into perspective. Thanks!

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
gcurrier
it sure does--and reminds us why CLASS is still the place to be!!

FastForward
Kiowa,

Are you thinking of defecting to CLASS ??? I hope not ... CLASS is on it's last leg ... soon to be known as EXTINCT ... LOL !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Kiowa
lol i mean its fun to read to commentaries where is maoma on this lol
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
saxamattone
What's more distinct, to be one of the many or to be among the select few that WIN?

CLASS Board of Directors

Carolina Royals - 16X Division 1 World Champions (DC)
bando
Geez, such camaraderie...
Founder of the IIEA

Kiowa
*throws egg at everyone's band bus*
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
Kiowa I am going to be doing things similar to this next season and from now on! Don't worry we're getting there!
12 years later