Login Create Account
Band Stories
Kiowa
Okay, let's be real here, we all have them. Might as well tell them! I have no clue why this thread hasn't been made yet lol
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Jhawk
Depends on what you would like to know. I've got tons of them. Such as being a tabulator at the BOA Super Regionals in St. Louis.
Ivory Brigade
corndogshuffle
Well one time my band was at a competition in Annapolis. Was raining all day, and it let off just long enough to resume the competition. About two thirds of the way through our show ("The Music of Gustav Holst"), we were marching turned backfield, and right as we turned around for the big hit of our ballad (the chorale from Jupiter) it started pouring down rain again. It was actually a really cool effect.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Nickdrummer
Was that Nationals by any chance?
My band used to go there, now it is at MetLife stadium?
Founder RPGs, RSCGs. BoD IAoIP
3 time bronze medalist
Season 31 Division3 MAoMA champion
Commentator
MrsRomo
Kinda going along with corndog's story... Our college marching band plays all day at the Ketucky Derby. We play between races and then we play My Old Kentucky Home for the actual Kentucky Derby. It has been raining ALL day but we were still out there playing and everyone was singing along with us. During the lyrics "the sun shines bright on my old Kentucky home" the sun came out but was still raining. At "weep no more my lady" the rain stopped and it was bright and sunny. It was pretty awesome.

But... I feel like this is not the type of story Kiowa was looking for lol
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Kiowa
I was drum major my senior year, and one competition I had to meet the band at the competition because basketball strength and conditioning anyways we were all leaving so I decided to start heading out to the parking lot to get to my car and as all these other bands are packed together walking to their buses my band's buses drove by and some had rolled down the window and yelled "ASIA I WANT TO F*** YOU LIKE A MOOSE!" everyone knew the shout out was for me because I looked and tripped lol to this day idk who that was
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
Jhawk
Obviously the nerdy trombone player that was stealing looks at you the whole time.
Ivory Brigade
cire
We (low brass) used to throw skittles and m&ms at the cheerleaders in front of us during football games. lol

We would have to work lunch carts at lunch for a fundraiser (sell food) everytime the low brass did it we ended up losing a ton of money because we just ate all the food and gave it away

Same thing with the candy/chocolate fundraisers
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Jhawk
One of my favorite memories of my college band was the Tuba section that proceeded to make jokes at every cheer. Each tuba had their own flutie or two which was the people that had to sit in front of us at games they pretty much fueled our desire to be as loud and obnoxious as we could.

That and our Motto was "Building new student bleachers: One board at a time". Our student seating at our university was horrible so the tubas would jump as high and as hard as we could on the boards where we stood to try and break at least one board a game. It was tons of fun except for the game where we broke three of them and it wasn't very easy to still goof off up there without falling in a hole.
Ivory Brigade
Kiowa
lol
#LosLynx

bando
My college actually bought very expensive bleachers for the marching band that sit right at one of the end zones. Its kinda scary haha.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Kiowa
well before i committed to louisville i went on a tour to EKU one weekend and they had a football game and they gave me a trumpet to play with them in the stands. Anyways there was this big time fan who never misses a game her name is Muscles she is this 50 something yr old lady body builder who always wears steals boots. Well she likes to stomp an what not. Well the refs made a bad call and she got mad she kicked the railing on the bleachers and bent it like big time. BUT IT DIDNT END THERE at half time she sat next to me and shook my hand, omg idk if she knew how hard she was squeezing my hand but it hurt felt like my sisters hand when she was in labor and her husband was stuck in traffic from work lol. And when she gave you a high five OUCH anyway theres my only college band experience
#LosLynx

cire
on that note, being on the receiving end of a labor hand hold is not something to joke about.

When i was teaching marching band in San Diego I was also conducting on the 30 yard or so so the students could see.. since we only had 1 DM.. anyways while I was conducting I would make a bunch of stupid faces at the members during the show, this one girl I was doing that to during a long halt made her laugh and then she missed her step off. LOL
Kiowa
lol i instruct pit in ohio in the summers, if theres a hard run and my kiddos nail it in time with no wrong notes and put emotion into it then i do 100 push ups at the end of the day for each time they nail it well they stayed after one day with the band director after i left and worked and worked on this certain run they just couldn't get down until it was at perfection i think they said they stayed til 2am after band camp, anyways they told the director of my incentive so during rehearsal the next day he must of ran that same run 50 or more times i think i ended up with like 2500 push ups lol took me a week but i lived up to each push up lol
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
Damn lol. So one time at band camp (lolololol) we had to use the middle school parking lot. There are always tons of seagulls just sitting in the lot whenever we went on break (like 50 dead serious) so one of our flute players decided to run at them to try and scare them away. Well, she got shit on to put Iit simply xD
12 years later
Kiowa
oh i thought of another story, so i was flirt with every cute dude in high school right so naturally they tried to get me alone lmao. well one time this dude i was talking to pushed me in the girls band room bathroom and we made out lol well his ex got her and her friends who were all in band too to make up a lie saying i was doing something nasty and we both got suspended for a whole 4 days just cuz they thought i was trying to see how many licks it took smh
#LosLynx

Stradivarius
ouch what a conspiracy O.O
12 years later
Nakoda
drama struggle was real
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Stradivarius
Lol that kinda sucks. The worst drama I have had to deal with was right after I broke up with my girlfriend in 9th grade. She went around saying I had punched her in the eye... I was like wtf?
12 years later
cire
This one time on a band bus.... lol that's all I'm saying about that.

Pretty sure I already mentioned my Complaint Box when I was teaching in another thread