Login Create Account
Impossible!
FreakoftheArts73
There's a definite art and strategy to playing the game. There's a right time to rehearse, campaign, host competitions, hire staff, etc. You'll get the hang of it :)
-FotA73-
http://msgrantmusic.com
boston
I'm thinking about letting Pride of Gasto's influence reach 3000 (that's my goal after all) and then ..... oink, oink, BOOM!

confused?

http://www.explodingbacon.com/index.php
Join the Marching of Kings! December 7th!
Blaski45
Alex-

Ok... So now i have to do MORE than just play a ton. This is a crazy game! (in a good way) Basically there is no way I can be satisfied with ALL my stats because I'll have to sacrifice some stats in order to be better in others. (more xp - less $. ect.) So I just have to find out what fits me and still be able to sleep at nights!
Thanks!

jblamb1401-

First off I would like to say that there is a HUGE difference between working hard on a computer game and working hard in a DCI corp. Secondly, No, I have never marched DCI, but I drum about 3-5 hours a day and even more on the weekends and I'm pretty sure I still won't be able to march any of the corps I want in 2 years. Thanks for rubbing it in. My friend (Imperial Sound) is starting his own, open class corp. If you want to join it, that would be awesome. Maybe I can march there!

ssmit-

What I mentioned above... I just have to find what fits me and make it work. Then I can start winning!

rtloveless-

I like your idea... This is the first season and there is not too many tactics other than playing a lot. You are building up for next season. I thought about that and I'm planning on it if I begin to slide further down the leader boards. Good luck next season!

Prof-

Sorry buddy but I can't help you on that one! Talk to someone in the topic that knows more!

bachstrad2010-

That's my point... You are moving up in the ranks but when this season ends and you don't have any money or influence, then next season is going to be a ton harder because some people are stocked up and set for season 1 to be done with. That's why I said earlier that you have to sacrifice some things for others. You can't have it all... (unless you know how to hack things like this) Lol!

Thanks for all the help and tips guys. I know this is like the nerdiest thing a human can do but we don't care lol. It's all fun and games.

P.S. If there is anyone that marches drumline in any corp, could you give me some tips on auditioning or workouts I can do to better my drumming. My dream (Literally my life dream) would be to march Blue Stars or Cavie's on anything (if possible snare, but bass and tenors would be kickass too) So if you could suggest anything that would help please do...

-Thanks so much guys!
- Jay
Colts 2011 - Baritone :: Minnesota Brass 2013 - Bass 4
rtloveless
Yeah man, like I said, I'm at over 4k for money earned for my drum corps, plus over 2k in sales from my competition. Need less to say, I think I'm gearing up rather well for next season. my band however, I'm experimenting. I'm using the money earned to work on staff this season to see if anything changes a lot mid-season. I'm hoping that if that idea works, I can at least have 1 group in the semis
Ryan T. Loveless
ImperialSound
So basically what everybody just said is this game takes no skill! it just takes time to play it all day to win (-_-)
Pioneer Drum Corps '12 Tenors
Twin Cities Area Independent 10 bass
Sun Devils Drum & Bugle Corps 08,09 Bass
MafiaWarsGamer
I would beg to differ :)
ImperialSound
that post was really general and broad, but for season 1 it is pretty much whoever plays the most is going to win each DIV title. I went on to teach my first of three band camps for 5 days and my DIV II guard dropped from 2nd place over all, all the way down to 9th. if you cant spend as much time as you did on the game in the pre-season the rest of the season is going to be a struggle for you to keep up.
cire
It's not about who plays the most... there is definitely strategy needed to get in the top 3 spots.. I work from home so I am on here basically 24/7, and I am on my phone when I'm not here and I am around 3-5 or so...

Playing all day will help... but it will only help so much.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
rtloveless
There is strategy needed. You need to know where your weaknesses are and how to up them. Whether it be through staff rank ups, using rehearsal points, or a combination of both. You decide.
Ryan T. Loveless
ImperialSound
@Cire

umm... I am pretty sure that is basically what I said. the way the scores are, everything is pretty much even all the way around. so the strategy of Season one is ....... play the game 24/7 (^_^)

Not tryn to sound mean or anything but for season one there is no way around it. you have to play this game pretty much all day to be able to do well