Login Create Account
Pre-Season Parade Competition Results
Jhawk
The parade kicked off with Wrightown HS and a rousing performance of Hands Across The Sea by Sousa. The music suited them well as it had everything you could hope for in a parade piece.

Next came Northern Warriors with You're A Grand Old Flag. The patriotic group came marching down the street proudly lead by their Drum Majors really showing that they knew how to keep time.

Kiowan Cavaliers came after with their rendition of the classic song by Elvis "Blue Suede Shoes". The crowd really got up and danced along with their great composition. The lines weren't as clean, but it was extremely entertaining watch as they strutted down the street.

After Kiowan Cavaliers turned the corner all eyes were on Redcoat Regiment playing Sing Sing Sing. This Benny Goodman was carried by the Winds and showed great technical skill however it seemed like the Drum Major and lines were almost nonexistent.

Up next came The Marching Marchers. Who played the most annoying song of the day with The Song that Never Ends. The music wasn't great, but the lines were as crisp and clean as was ever seen. Even as the people started putting in ear plugs and throwing stuff they never hesitated. Even with poor song choice they are going to place well with those amazing lines.

Marching Knights followed them playing Starships. This was completely different from the Marching Marchers. Their music won the crowd back over, though after the last group they showed their lack of discipline marching around some of the trash on the road. But overall the group was unstoppable.

Incognito Elites had their boosters ahead of them cleaning the road for them so that they wouldn't have to suffer the same hits in their lines. After the scurry of boosters have passed the familiar start of "Call me maybe" starts up. The music was consistent and lines decent, but nothing like the last groups we have seen.

The next thing we see is a group of people just walking down the road. No discernible lines just walking and waving. Next thing we know they start playing We Will Fall Together by Streetlight Manifesto and we have to assume this group is the famous Blue Deviled Eggs. Not by the uniform, but by the sound. They really showed off why they are consistently in the top.

Hornets came next playing 50 ways to say goodbye. They are showing to be one of the most consistent performances. The upbeat performance really got people moving as well. We expect this to score very well.

Nemesis started their rendition of Stars and Stripes Forever. It started off great, but the lack of Drum Major ablitlity slowly pulled the group out of time really effecting the performance. The Drum Major even tried to stop the song, but no one could see him and unfortunately the band played on.

Dumbledore's Army came next playing I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy. This was one of the groups that seemed to focus on everything and thus didn't do outstanding at anything. Although it was still a solid performance.

Carolina Royals were up next playing The Thunderer by Sousa. At this point the crowd and judges have been hearing Sousa all day so they may not have been paying as close attention.

Thunder Regiment brought us back to the 60s with their performance of Magical Mystery Tour. Everything was going well for them, but unfortunately well is about the best way to describe the show. It wasn't outstanding in any way.

Order of the Phoenix came next showing off with a Katy Perry mashup. The upbeat music go the crowd excited and they looked good marching around in the new uniforms. However the judges weren't as convinced as the crowd.

As the last group was making the turn the familiar first lick of Rhapsody in Blue began to play. Though no band was showing up just yet. About 30 seconds into their song Sigma Regiment finally came into view the choice of such a long song might have hurt them since the judges stopped really caring by the time they got to their stand, but still a good performance all in all.

Wrightown Raiders came in strong with their version of Navigation Inn by Phillip Sparke. The strong music really made a difference making the song more emotional and really bringing home strong even if they were at the end of the parade.

People began leaving thinking that the show was over when out of nowhere they hear the beginning of Jizz in my Pants. The crowd seemed to stop as one and turn around as they saw Kiowan Knights marching while playing the raunchy tune just unable to believe it. But soon they started getting into the hard hitting brass lines.

With that the parade is over.
Ivory Brigade
Jhawk
88.96 Marching Knights
86.68 Blue Deviled Eggs
84.3 The Marching Marchers
78.71 Hornets
78.5 Kiowan Cavaliers
78.02 Wrightown Raiders
77.94 Carolina Royals
77.53 Sigma Regiment
77.34 Redcoat Regiment
76.78 Incognito Elites
76.56 Thunder Regiment
76.1 Kiowan Knights
75.96 Order of the Pheonix
75.66 Dumbledore's Army
75.46 Wrightown HS
74.7 Northern Warriors
73.41 Nemesis

Best Corps - Blue Deviled Eggs
Best Band - Marching Knights
Judges Favorite - Sigma Regiment

Congratulations and Good luck for the rest of the season
Ivory Brigade
Kiowa
lol I JIZZED IN MY PANTS!!! i beat cire that's all that matters
#LosLynx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Einstein
FromTheDeskOfJAW
Quite a gap there between 3rd and 4th haha
Wrightown Raiders
Wrightown HS
Enigma Indoor Guard
Soviet Percussians
Nakoda
awwwwwww i didn't beat him lol nooooo
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
SpartanS63
I'll take judge's favorite and keep in mind never to select such a long piece again...
kmarti6
So I got 4th but apparently no review...... I guess I am just that good dont even get a description and I get 4th overall.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Nakoda
aye my song was the best cuz it was saved for last lol

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Jhawk
Sorry kmarti when I was writting the review I must have just missed your group's mail. I wish I could have sorted my messages like in regular email. I'll update it with your group in it as well.
Ivory Brigade
cire
My groups never fail to impress me. You all missed the after parade standstill of This is the song that never ends..

it did end though, 29 hours later.
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
cire
Kiowa/Nakoda... you will never beat me. :oP
Stradivarius
Lol how exactly did you score this? Gonna release that secret?
12 years later
MrsRomo
Ouch
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
bando
If he released it the event couldn't happen next season, gotta keep those scoring secrets from the general public ya know. Good job on the event, Jhawk! I enjoyed the read.
Founder of the IIEA

Eagle Regiment | Night Area HS Performing Ensembles
Jhawk
Unfortunately I won't be releasing the formula because while I'm not a big fan of the whole thing for this season there are elements of it I want to keep for next season so if I give it all away then you would already have parts of it. And since this is a one shot rather than full season it gives a chance of having a perfect score.
Ivory Brigade
Stradivarius
Lol alright
12 years later
cire
Good write up J, I enjoyed it
Jhawk
To be fair I enjoyed writing your two groups the most simply because you gave me the most to work with when you submitted your points.

I was really wishing strad had a lower number for Drum Major cause then I could have wrote a part about his drum major handing out his number instead of conducting.
Ivory Brigade
gcurrier
wow I got first AND last! LOL

I think Marching Knights were more pumped to do a FUN show/song as compared to the kids really beat me up over being so traditional with Nemesis and just didnt feel it. Lesson learned kids, next time we will discuss parade music ahead of time now get back to practice! season starts tomorrow and no first loser for us again! :)

Marching Knights had such a good time pumping up the crowd and really celebrating their World Championship return!

Thanks for hosting the event--great job!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Nakoda
pfft my drum majors are non existent the battery keeps time

Kiowa's 2nd account.