12 years later
cire
riiiiiiight
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
Stradivarius
Lol let's go knife fight!
12 years later
cire
You will probably show up to the fight and try to nyph me.. and I will be like, wtf are you doing...?

and then stab you in the eyeball.
Nakoda
lol welcome to walmart strad get your shit and get out XD
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Stradivarius
hahahahaha omg xD
12 years later
kmarti6
I know I am a little late to this post but I just wanted to step in and remind people for one of the reasons for BD hate, that being arrogance. Many of their members kinda give this full of themselves vibe which caused me to dislike them a lot when I first got into drum corps. This does not mean all members are complete jerks in real life and I was a witness to this at a tour of champions show this summer. My friend and I had REALLY good seats on the 50, and when all the corps collected at the end to do their song all together one of the DMs from BD came and conducted from the row in front of us. After he was done conducting he did one of the coolest things I have ever seen, he stopped and took a picture with this 5 year old kid who was completely amazed by him. The guy was so cool about it and it really did impress me, now will I become a BD fan? Probably not. My only problem with BD is that I dont like their shows that much, I will give them all the credit in the world for being clean and put together but I still do not like their concepts. Then again I thought the non top 12 corps had some of the better shows this past season.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Stradivarius
^I like it. Very similar story here (besides the drum major picture part lol).
12 years later
cire
BD members are arrogant and only care about winning and hate losing and are also some of the most laid back and coolest people around.

All true. Well, they don't all ONLY care about winning... but they hate losing, so take that how you want. Nobody marches to lose.

But you have to be like that when you are competing at that level. Drum Corps is a competitive activity. Ask anyone in Crown from last year if they hope they lose this year.

It's all about attitude. Every corps has a different attitude. Some corps are very gung ho.. completely silent at practice, rush and gush water breaks, screaming staff, be at attention all the time, get treated like kids, etc..

BD is different. They treat us like adults.. we don't get pre-season housing in some dorm. You get an apartment with other members or house with someone local. Some people camp out the entire summer up in the mountains.. People move out to Concord and get part time jobs.. We have a smoking area at the back of the field for smokers and if we ever do morning jogs/runs during warmup we will stop half way through and do a smoke and joke break. We talk during practices and mess around and have fun, but once it's time to work it's like a switch.. we turn it on and get stuff done. Staff doesn't yell at us and doesn't tell us to do pushups.. we motivate each other and do pushups on our own. List goes on.

The crowd hates us and people boo.. but that just means one thing.. if people are booing BD, then BD is winning and we like that.

But I agree with you about their shows. Technically they are amazing and have some for entertaining things going on but I miss 90s drum corps. The raw, loud in your face drum corps that you can just sit back and enjoy and not need some masters degree to figure out what is going on.
Stradivarius
cire you just made me love BD lol.
12 years later
cire
hence the reason a LOT of people leave other corps to join BD... I know of 3 people who marched BD and left the corps... ever.

at BD you are treated as a professional adult.
Nakoda
to bad there aren't more corps out there that allow WOMEN
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Stradivarius
I would appreciate that cire lol. I wouldn't mind marching there for that very reason lol
12 years later
cire
Nakoda only 2 corps do not allow females.. and one of the corps has had a female twice before.
Stradivarius
Lol
12 years later
FastForward
BD just cheats by stealing members from other corps !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
FastForward
lol
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum