Login Create Account
Drumline Daily Early Edition: I see Frogs...
Novak
Red Frogs.

Baritone B1 is the proud director of the D2 phenomenon of a drumline from Indiana, the Red Frogs. After a huge first impression, these amphibians have sunk down to 6th place, fighting hard to hop back into the coveted top five. I went one on one with Baritone B1 to get a behind-the-lily pad look at how things are going with the group.

Q: How do you feel your drumline is doing in it's first season of competition?
A: Well, we are currently 6th. I really feel that we would be higher, but I had to take a 3.5 day vacation, leaving me with no internet access. This has caused us to fall in the rankings.

Q: What's the concept behind your concept for this year's show, "Ribbit"?
A: In all honesty, I had originally decided to just make a guard, drum corps, and marching band. I had no intent of making a drumline. Once I decided to, I thought of the first random name that came to my head, "Red Frogs". As far as reprertoire, I did pretty much the same thing. I chose frog-related things. Next year, I will put more thought into this part of the show.

Q: Depending on how you finish, what does the future hold as far as what division the Red Frogs will compete in next season?
A: I would actually like to see the Red Frogs stay in Division II for another season or two. My drum corps and marching band are in Division 1, and hey aren't doing as well as my Division 2 drumline and guard. My mini-vacation didn't help their rankings though. But regardless of our division next season, we will try our hardest to me amongst the best of the drumlines.

Q: After a huge start, you've dropped to 6th and are now fighting your way back to the top five. How does the line feel about working their way back to the top?
A: My group is only 0.065 behind the 5th place BEECHES DRUM LINE. We don't have to work too much to break into the top 5; however, we are going to work as hard as possible to make the top 3, which has been my goal from the start.

Q: Thanks for partaking in the interview! Is their anything else you would like to comment on as far as the rest of the competitive season goes?
A: I wish the best of luck to all competitors. Watch out for us, we are on the hunt for a Division 2 title! And thank you, Stephen, for interviewing me!

In further conversation with Baritone B1, he has high hopes for the rest of the season, and hopes to take a top three spot in tonight's regional!

Thanks again to Baritone B1 for taking the time to be my very first interviewee, and thanks to all of you for reading! More to come tomorrow with a full recap and commentary on tonight!