Login Create Account
"Pie - 2"
Gamertooth17
wrote this for a nearby English Festival

Give me ANYthing you have to say about it. I want to know what people think of it. and listen to the whole thing. all the sections are really different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vktBouH6VsU
cire
its got a good flow, but then randomly its like the notes skip a heartbeat. not sure if that is intentional or not, but it makes it weird
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
cire
very good though
Nakoda
you gotta remember, music is a story its kind of random i think if you were to take were it changes out of no where into a new story you'd have something, to much was going on for me.

What I think is going on is you have alllll these great ideas going on you just have to learn to isolate them and not mix them together.
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
cire
That's not true... look at Sublime. Having a lot of different ideas in a song (I think) is better than having 1 phrase repeated over and over through the entire song - like almost all songs today
Nakoda
never heard of it the only one i can think of like that is metroplex we played that freshman yr in highschool but even then it had a lot of things going on but it transitioned into them

Kiowa's 2nd account.

MrsRomo
I enjoyed it... Gotta agree with cire though regarding the notes that seem to skip a beat. I feel like it kinda messes with the flow, but I can't tell if its intentional or if its a program error. It kinda reminded me of the TSO a little bit with how busy it seemed to be. I think the busyness works.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Gamertooth17
--The busyness and skips were definitely intentional.

-From like 2:34 to like 4:10 the piece is in **13/16**.
-The drum solo is 3 measures of 4/4, followed by one bar of 3/8.
-The section after the drum solo has a few weird measures (5/8, 7/8, 3/4,& 13/16). Since I've added marimba 8th notes on F the entire section, it feels a ton less skippy.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed! Not too shabby for only a freshman, eh? Been writing for 3 years though.

cire
I can never marry someone who has know idea who Sublime is!

John, your stuff is great ESPECIALLY for being a freshman.. you are doing great work that I bet could rival college level stuff (I saw your other videos). Your drumming is not too bad either.. are you marching corps?

Nakoda
but im cute

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Gamertooth17
Haha thanks. Lots of my influences in my writing is from drum corps, Frank Zappa, and a bunch of fusion bands..They're really good at giving me ideas.

Yup. Bluecoats is the closest, so I'll audition to march wit them. Not this summer, or next summer, but probably the next summer. (2016) I'll probably try out on either mallets or snare. Maybe even bass.

Nakoda
i love key poulan's work frank ticheli, saucedo, holsinger is my absolute fav concert band music, pachebel, there is soooo many

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Stradivarius
*no

:P Yah done goofed up cire
12 years later
cire
Sorie you weared of on me