Login Create Account
The Great Awakening
Whiskers14
Div II-
Unfortunatly, there were only 2 bands in this catagory.
1st performing group, was Richmond Sound from MAoMA. They were awarded gold and had a score of 59.930. They had also won in all categories and had a good lead of almost 6 points!
The next and last performing group Sterling Silver, GEDC. Sterling Silver is normally a better group later in the season, but not so hot in the beginning. They scored 53.980 but may they have better luck later in the season.

Div. I-
What a fierce competitiong for week 1 of the season! The division 1 catagory was full of groups of the crowds favorite. Now lets get down to buisness to the competing 18 corps:
The first performing group, we have Pheonix Brigade from CAMA. They placed 9th and just broke 70 flat with a score of 70.065. They had quiet a jump from the last competition on the 29th at a regional event. From that event to The Great Awakening, they had jumped almost 2 whole points! Not only an accomplishment for breaking 70 flat but by a 2 point jump!

The second group also from CAMA, Suncoast Sound. They had just missed the top 12 by almost a full point with a score of 67.560. This is the first competition this year that they werent in the top 12, but just by a point. Their show, Release, has stunned many audience in the past.

The third group to perform was the Chipley Vanguard from CLASS. They were only about a point away from breaking 80. Their score was 78.805 and had 5th. They are not a #1 group but are surely behind that title and are working on getting it. This was the 3rd time this season that they had been placed 5th in a competition.

Next, here comes Ivory Brigade from CLASS as well just missing 70 by .7 to .8 points. They were placed 11th but had a nice ending. Their show,Grudge, did catch my attention a bit. The went out and performed Pearl Jam, then Fuel, and then finished with Nirvana. These are one of those groups that have really good timing and persistence.

And next we have Leviathan also from CLASS, placed 4th in the big race and was only around .7 away from 80! They had a score of 79.345 and even thought they barely missed bronze, they were still awarded with best general visual ensemble. They had missed bronze by one place for 3 sompetitions this season now. There goal now should be getting top 3 and may the best of luck be with them for that.

Rajin Cajuns from CLASS as well, placed 6th and a score of 71.295. They have only one bronze trophy this season, but they did break 70 for the first time. In order to do this, they had a jump of 3 points sense the last competition! Which was the 28th in CV Open. There show title was It's not over.

The Holy regiment was placed 8th and scored 70.815. They were from CLASS and broke 70 for the first time too. This was their second time in a row placing 8th but had never placed worse than the top 10. Im certain thats true because of their marvoulus show, Heated: A summer in Charlston.

Next performing from the rival league of CLASS, MAoMA, was the Hoosier Regiment placing 10th. They almost broke 70, just had to score a 69.565. Their show title was The Planets and has now placed 10th two times in a row now. 10th is their worst place as of this year which is impressive. they had gotten 6th and on the 26th they got gold in the Challenge competition.

Next up, we have the one and only Blue Deviled Eggs breaking 80 due to a 2 point jump! They had placed 2nd in this big race. Their score was 80.275 and was awarded Silver and almost got best music ensemble and best general music. This is certainly the crowd's favorite tonight and usually is, no doubt about it. Their show title was Death. Its not really what it sounds like, to me it seems like people eating so much they die which is very comical to the crowd and thats why they love they Blue Deviled Eggs so much and cheer extra loud for them werever they go.

Now for the next competiting band, got Gold, with no problem due to they whole leading point, the Bluecoats. They scored 81.905 and had broken 80 for the second time this season. They also now hold this score as the highest score this year! They were also awarded with best music winds, best music percussion, best visual performance and best colorguard! This was certainly, just another Gold trophy to add to their collection of them. They have one a world champion for division III and division II, and now could they be world championship for division I this season? Well it is certainly the main goal of the group!

The Khaki Krusaders were after the astonishing Bluecoats and got bronze. They had a score of 79.835 and were less than .2 from breaking 80 which is a goal for the next competition. They were also awarded with best music ensemble, best visual ensemble, and best general music.
They had got 3rd for two competitions in a row and before the first time getting 3rd, they were awarded silve in Rockin on the Square.

Kingsmen was awarded with 7th place and a score of 71.295. They had an excellent showcase of Vortex. This was also their first time breaking 70! This group is one of the crowds favorites in influence and the crowd also cheers a bit extra loud for them as well. Will Kingsmen make division I finals this season? I think they will!

Now we have the Midland Valley Redcoats. They were 12th in the top 12 scoring 68.555. This would be a good represenitive for your league. However this group was representing the league, iMarch. They had won a regional event on the 29th and got silver at Challenge Competition on the 26th.

Other groups were Scorpion Regiment, Twin Cities Titans, Avery Regiment, Los conquistadors and Redcoat Regiment B.

The league award would have to go to CLASS hands Down! They had 5 groups in the top 12 and 2 of those groups were in the top 5. CLASS is surely a rival of MAoMA. Looks like CLASS won this round!
Whiskers14- Founder of G.E.D.C.
- Div II Drum Corps U.K.D.C.
- Div II Marching Band Kentucky Massie (D II bronze)
- Div II Color guard Falcon Fanfare
- Div II Drumline Highland Drumline
gcurrier
CLASS continues its domination!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
When no MAoMA corps in d1 show up :P lol my groups are all top 4 or even 3 :D
12 years later
gcurrier
hey we didnt have our top groups here either!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
Lol we had like one group x)
12 years later
HrryCrry5
Anyone else besides these 2 wanna join in??? lol
Drum Corps- Big Blue
Marching Band- Marching Band
Colorguard- Flashing Lights
Drumline- Little Drummer Boys
Nakoda
i declare war on class vs asia muahahahahahaahaha
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Stradivarius
Lol the title of my shows is "This Means War" xD
12 years later
FastForward1
Interesting discussion.
Perfect Explosion-1X Div I Drum Corps Champ
Perfect Explosion-1X Div I Band Champ
Perfect Explosion
Perfect Explosion
FastForward
And the Journey Continues !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Whiskers14
Just wait till i announce FMA post season rounds, it will be more intense lol
Whiskers14- Founder of G.E.D.C.
- Div II Drum Corps U.K.D.C.
- Div II Marching Band Kentucky Massie (D II bronze)
- Div II Color guard Falcon Fanfare
- Div II Drumline Highland Drumline