Login Create Account
DCI rumor/news
kmarti6
So there is a semi unconfirmed rumor going around that DCI has now approved all brass instruments use in shows. This would include things such as trombones, French horns, and other assorted brass instruments. I have not found an article on this yet but it was supposedly decided upon at the most recent meeting of the DCI board of directors. It looks like Hopkins is slowly getting his way.
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
MrsRomo
That's what I was talking about with the any instrumentation in the other dci thread. I saw several people talking about it on Facebook last night.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Nakoda
french horn is a wood wind i thought
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Penny
French horn is brass. The marching f horn is a mellophone.
cire
It's true.. however Hoppy was not the one who proposed it..

although I'm sure he voted for it
Nakoda: "im gonna slap russ with his own balls after the game"
kmarti6
ya it was the scouts who proposed it but hoppy is most certainly the biggest advocate
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
Stradivarius
I don't see a problem with this as long as there are no woodwinds. As soon as they say they can have woodwinds I will never march drum corps again (get it? lol)
12 years later
cire
That's because you have never marched or seen a real drum corps in person before.
Jhawk
I wish they would put DCI back on TV myself. I mean since I can't ever actually go out to watch it live I tend to go to the theater to watch, but I would still love to see Finals night.
Ivory Brigade
gcurrier
it is on TV as long as your willing to pay for it LOL I actually couldnt attend finals this year and bought the video feed--it was pretty well done minus the not showing the encore which was a bit dumb.

This isnt my favorite idea ever but several of them havent and I have adapted just fine. Hop can be blamed for everything LOL OVERWHELMING SUPPORT was what I heard and he aint all that powerful (though dont ask him that question LOL).
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
Oh cire.... sometimes I feel like to talk just to hear yourself, because I marched 3 years in the empire statesmen and have attended 2012 dci prelims, semis, and finals. Oh and I performed on the same field with "the edge" so be quiet :P
12 years later
cire
Empire Statesmen suck!!

jk.. I'm just messing with you. I know you marched.. don't cry
Stradivarius
Lol stop trolling :P
12 years later
cire
stop falling for it.
Stradivarius