Login Create Account
Flash of Brass V Results and Review
MrsRomo
On Friday, February 21, some of the best drum corps in all of FMA gathered in Orlando at Walt Disney World's ESPN Wide World of Sports venue for a fantastic day of drum corps activity. At the conclusion of the event, at 8pm EST, corps were treated to VIP seating for a viewing of Wishes fireworks spectacular at The Magic Kingdom.

In Division 1, Nemesis took 4 of 8 captions to take the gold medal with a score of 95.590. It is evident that Nemesis spends a lot of section time rehearsing their winds, percussion and guard. Performing Listz' "Dante Symphony", Nemesis should focus on improving the overall ensemble effect in both music and visual captions.

With a score of 94.250, Carolina Royals from CLASS claimed the silver medal in today's competition. The Royals dominated the effect captions in their performance of Mahler's "Symphony No. 5". If Carolina Royals are looking to become No. 1, rehearsal of individual sections of the corps need to be rehearsed, including the winds, percussion and guard.

Rounding out the top 3 was MAoMA's Spectrum Force and their rendition performance of "Growth Spurt" with a score of 93.925. Based on the judges sheets, what really hurt Spectrum Force was their low ensemble scores. Spectrum Force has a lot of "growing up" to do as an ensemble to have a great showing at finals next week because Leviathan was right on their tail with a score of 93.875.

In Division 2, there was no surprise that the host band dominated competition. Order of the Phoenix swept the competition and all right captions with a score of 82.725. The Order's performance of a day at the Big Top was a grand show.

Second place in Division 2, went to the Yellow Jacket Regiment of CAMA. Regiment scored a 71.965 with their show "Definition." Solid growth is needed to catch up to Order of the Phoenix.

A 67.03 was good enough for the Ruim Angels in CLASS for third place. Their classic Les Mis show was a crowd favorite.

In Divisoon 3, two corps were performing. Wack Attack scored a 45.860 and Amazing Grace Corps scored a 45.82. Lots of improvement are needed for these groups although they were a crowd favorites with high influence.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Whiskers14
Nicely done mrs. Romo!
Whiskers14- Founder of G.E.D.C.
- Div II Drum Corps U.K.D.C.
- Div II Marching Band Kentucky Massie (D II bronze)
- Div II Color guard Falcon Fanfare
- Div II Drumline Highland Drumline
Nakoda
did i not compete in this one? lol i thought i sign up for urs unless u waited to long this season to host them
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Stradivarius
Yeah I was booked for the entire season when she created them lol
12 years later
MrsRomo
No, I created it that night/day I believe.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
MrsRomo
Asia you attended my color guard contest the same day haha
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Nakoda
lol did i win?

Kiowa's 2nd account.

MrsRomo
Lol second I think
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
MrsRomo
I was going to do all of my groups but got tired of doing it after this one. Haha
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Nakoda
second? what the heck girl lol shiz was obviously rigged

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Stradivarius
Oh geez xD there yah go being disrespectful xD
12 years later
Nakoda
lol

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Nakoda
im disrespectful cuz i don't have the brain capacity to understand respect you know what he said

Kiowa's 2nd account.