Login Create Account
CLASS VS MAoMA Showdown
Jhawk
The Challenge was thrown at the end of last season. Who is better the dominate corps of CLASS or the up-and-coming corps of MAoMA.

CLASS has been the most consistent finishers of the competition taking more Div.1 championships than all other leagues combined and doubled!

MAoMA started in Season 24 has been out to prove themselves since then. They have won many Div. 2 and 3 championships, but never a Div. 1.

This competition was ruled as a 5v5 the top five Corps of each league would compete in a chance to win the Golden Baritone. The Baritone is then inscribed with the winner of the League that has won it for bragging rights forever.

Now on to the Competition.

First up was Lexington Legends with their show "On Fire!". They start with a favorite of many "Caravan" this piece really showed off the Drumline in the beginning. Next up was the Colorguard's turn to shine in MacArthur Park. Finally they finished with the ever powerful Malaguena. The Brass really cranked up the heat with that one. Overall it was a wonderful show and the judges agreed awarding them a score of 93.590.

Next was Chipley Vanguard presenting "Disney's On The Record Session 1". They were playing many mash ups of favorite Disney songs which really got the crowd on their feet. The big crowd moment was when they struck up "Everybody wants to be a Cat". The guard showing off their dancing as well as the Corps just letting loose and having fun really made an impact. The Judges awarded them a 94.620 and the Fans a standing ovation.

Taking the field after was the 4 time defending champs Carolina Royals. Immediately the home stadium of MAoMA were showing their dislike of the 4 time champions pinning all of their hopes on a new champion not from CLASS. Carolina Royals show was entitled "Symphony No. 5". This group really showed off why they are champions playing this symphony wonderfully. The ensemble was amazing and their formations really captivated the judges. Even if hey weren't the best sounding group out there they did show off their effectiveness and the judges recognize that awarding them 96.140.

Cheers erupted as soon as the next group took the field "Redcoat Regiment". The fan favorite of all MAoMA brought the in your face production of "This Means War". This was the loudest corps of the day. They really proved sometimes you have to play with dynamics, but really the crowd just wants to be pushed back in their seats. The highlight of the show was their second piece "Strength of a Thousand Men showing off their ability to create a great arrangement. The judges score 94.745 with the fans on their feet.

After the effectiveness that was Redcoats the next MAoMA group to take the field was Hornets the founder of MAoMA. Their brought their show "Elements of 3" which brought some of the best that Hornets have ever played including their Corps song Nessuma Dorma. This show is proving that they really wanted to make their 10th season special and may bring their highest score ever. The judges awarded 90.670.

Past champions Nemesis came on the field next and proved why they are one of the top Corps this season with their show "Dante Symphony". This show was amazing. They brought the emotion to life perfectly really showing everyone how it is done. The judges were also impressed awarding them 96.985 which coincidentally also put them as the number 1 corps this season.

Leviathan Nemesis's sister corps came out next with their performance "Stormy Weather". The show was as intense as an actual storm off the coast of Florida. Let's not forget this is another past champion showing us how its done. The defining moment came in Thunder and Lightning that really showed of their technical side. With that it was the end of the CLASS corps. The judges awarded 95.505.

Sigma Regiment was next with their show "Atlas Shrugged: The American Dream". This patriotic show was entertaining to watch. It might not have been the cleanest or visually compelling show, but it really was well put together and may have been more recognized if it was at any other competition. The judges awarded 86.570

Spirit of Sunnyvale performed their piece "8 Minute Percussion Feature". Which really lived up to their name. 8 solid minutes of just the percussion playing their hearts out while the Corps zoomed around the field nonstop making various shapes and formations. The end of it all was Sunnyvale doing a stand and play of their corps song. Apparently they figured they needed something that showed that they could actually play their wind instruments. The Judges were not as impressed and awarded 90.510 points.

Finally drawing the final performance of the night was Blue Deviled Eggs, the honorary MAoMA corps for the season. They performed their show entitled "Death". This was an original piece made for BDE showing off the worst in food. After the 4th piece Wheat everyone thought the show was over until they started in on the 2013 show of Carolina Crown although played in a half key down. Though the sound wasn't exactly the same they made their point...they do not like Crown. The judges awarded them a 95.550 it may have been higher without the Crown bash at the end, but who knows.

With that the competition was over and CLASS has won. Taking 1,2,4,6,7 places and MAoMA taking 3,5,8,9,10. The Golden Baritone goes to CLASS with Season 32 inscribed on it.

The last award is the Fan Favorite award although the counting was close it was Chipley Vanguard barely beating Redcoat Regiment in ballots.
Ivory Brigade
gcurrier
great write up! though as CLASS Chair I do find it necessary to point out that Carolina Royals are the first FOUR times in a row Division 1 Champs, not three.

Nemesis and Leviathan had a great night and great show taking 1st and 4th! We would like to thank our MAoMA hosts and we look forward to next year! While CLASS crushed this time, we know that as MAoMA continues on their rise, this will be more and more hotly contested. The Golden Baritone will proudly tour with the corps until NEXT TIME!!!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Stradivarius
This was sooooo cool! I really was caught up in the recap you gave.

but NOOOOOOO I so thought I had the fan favorite in the bag!!!! xD But yeah I like that you interpreted my show perfectly. I figured that my brass players would be pretty ballsy with the music I chose. That's why I put their score so high every season!
12 years later
Jhawk
I fixed the 3 typos.

I would do more of these, but they take forever to write. Just doing the 10 groups took me close to an hour.
Ivory Brigade
Whiskers14
Nice work! Excellent!
Whiskers14- Founder of G.E.D.C.
- Div II Drum Corps U.K.D.C.
- Div II Marching Band Kentucky Massie (D II bronze)
- Div II Color guard Falcon Fanfare
- Div II Drumline Highland Drumline
gcurrier
now you know why CLASS Championship was done as a blog like "live" review LOL but yes anyone who has done these can appreciate the hard work you put into it--its not so quick and easy!!!
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
Jhawk
So CLASS has the "Golden Baritone" who will take it next season?
Ivory Brigade
Stradivarius
lol Could be interesting if both fastforward and I put our best foot forward!
12 years later
Nakoda
shiz was rigged dawg
"*slowly strips off your clothes.*" - Cire

Kiowa's 2nd account.

#Louisville #Cardinals #L1C4
Stradivarius
nah lol
12 years later
FastForward
lol ... next season will be interesting ... I will leave it at that !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
kmarti6
Hey I am going for a top 12 finish next season as well the competition is only going to get more intense! The only thing stopping me this season is my staff.... But anyways are we planning on doing this again? If so do we know who will host?
Head director of the Hornets,

Season 23 Division 3 Finalist, Season 24 Division 2 Finalist, Season 25 Division 2 Silver , Season 26 D2 Bronze, Season 27 6th D2, Season 28 Bronze D2, 13x D1 finalis
FastForward
It would be even more interesting next season if Cire would stay with MAoMA ... Probably not going to happen ... But we can always leave the door open for future seasons ... You never know BDE could have a change of heart !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
MrsRomo
Nice write up JHawk!
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Nakoda
who is hosting next season me?

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Jhawk
I think it should rotate people each season. That way one person doesn't end up making all the money.
Ivory Brigade
MrsRomo
And back and forth between leagues.
MrsRomo
Director
Alohomora Arts
---
Order of the Phoenix - Div I DC - ICE - Founder
Dumbledore's Army - Div I MB
Veela's - Div I CG - FLAG - Founder
Death Eaters - Div I DL - DRUMS BoD
Nakoda
awww i got caught with my evil plan i only made 48k off it at 20 a ticket i think i did good

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Nakoda
HOW BOUT THIS since class won they get to host next season and since i hosted this season to be fair i choose someone to host at random from class but u gotta tell me who is active lol

Kiowa's 2nd account.

Jhawk
You can always let me host it. I don't mind using up my Corps show for it.
Ivory Brigade