Login Create Account
SaxMan's Commentating: "Finals Night & SWG"
SaxophoneMan
When it comes to bringing home the trophies, no other league does it better than SWG! We're ready to go into finals tonight and bring home some medals!
Lets start with Division III:

First off, seated in 5th with a score of 70.895, the Gamma Ray Winter Guard! All season long the Gamma Ray Winter Guard has been a driving force throughout Division III, and they continue to bring a good name to SWG. With their show entitled, "Movements Through Time and Space," they are bound to move the audience and get them standing on their feet! They're a well rounded ensemble who was seated 5th coming into prelims, and they are still in the placement. With strong rehearsals throughout the day, they are bound to move up! Good luck tonight Gamma Ray Winter Guard!

Next, seated in 4th with a score of 71.545, The Holy Regiment Winter Guard B! Considering this group started the season a little later than everyone else, they have made drastic improvements! They're hoping to bump into the bronze medal place spot, and I've heard from the director that they have been performing extremely well considering this is their first season competing in the FMA Winter Guard Circuit. Their show is entitled, "Someone Like You," which is featured by the music of famous singer Adele. If they perform as powerfully as Adele sings, then there are high hopes from this group tonight! Good luck tonight Holy Regiment Winter Guard B!

Next up, seated in 1st place with a score of 88.690, Tarasque! That's right, they're seated first, and destined to bring home the gold for SWG. Under the direction of gcurrier2, these guys and girls have been working tremendously hard, and deserve every bit of success that they have. Performing their show entitled, "Heart of a Dragon," they are determined to light the place up tonight. One FMA fan left semi-finals last night and stated, "I can't believe what I just saw from Tarasque. I would've sworn they were a Division I group. They performed so well!" That says it all folks. No introduction is needed when they move onto the floor, because their actions speak louder than words. Good luck tonight Tarasque!

Division II:
First, seated in 8th place with a score of 78.440, Avery Color Guard! The Avery Color Guard has made much improvement over the course of the season. With their show entitled, "flags 3,"... Well that pretty much sums it up. They spin, toss, and catch perfection in their shows. Their hometown of Avery, NC must be very proud of them to have come this far. Knowing the Avery Color Guard, they will surely not disappoint tonight. Good luck tonight Avery Color Guard!

Second up, seated in 2nd place with a score of 89.970, Cypress Flight Pride of Daytona! They are so close to the 1st place Division II Winter Guard gold medal, that they can taste it. I know for a fact that they will be rehearsing like mad to reach the top. With their show entitled, "Fundraising,"... Well, I guess they're fundraising and winning at the same time! Either way, they are still moving the crowds and making them stand on their feet, giving this ensemble a standing ovation. We have confidence in the Cypress Flight Pride of Daytona. Good luck tonight!

Division I:
First off, seated in 9th with a score of 97.900, Jets! You're telling me that this group is in 9th place with a score of 97!? Well, that's just how things go, and the Jets haven't stopped pushing yet. With their show entitled, "Yeah, I AM cold!" They're sure to wow the crowd with their icy hotness... If that even made sense. The Jets have been a strong competitor in Division I for long while now. It's only a matter of time before a medal comes along for this group. Their director firebird75 has been leading them strongly throughout these seasons, and we know that he's not about to give up now. Good luck tonight Jets!

Next, seated in 7th with a score of 99.100, CVG! Wow, 99.100... If you didn't know, that's a pretty high score. CVG has always been that dominate force, and I can't understand why they haven't won a medal yet, but it's sure to come. They are a classy, yet, powerful force within the Winter Guard Circuit. With their show entitled, "Juliet," they continue to tell the powerful story created by Shakespeare himself. It's an interesting show that's easy to comprehend, and visually very pleasing to watch. They're from Chipley, FL, and they're destined to bring that Florida heat to the floor. Good luck tonight CVG!

Now, seated in 2nd place with a score of 99.880, The Tullahoma City Spinners! Well, what can I say. They're The Tullahoma City Spinners. They are a dominant force in all spectrums across the board, and a top competitor throughout all circuits in FMA. Unfortunately, I didn't get to interview their director, TrumpetVinny, but I'm sure that he has the utmost confidence in his group, and whether they place first or not, as long as they give their best performance, that's all that matters. Performing their show, "Guard," they're ready for whatever comes ahead of them. Good luck Tullahoma City Spinners!

Lastly, but not least, seated in 1st place, with a score of 100.000. The Knight Guard! Well, that pretty much sums it up with a score of 100.000. They're simply perfect. Every step, every spin, every toss, and every catch is exact and precise. This ensemble performs so well that it's ridiculous. But, what people love about the Knight Guard so much, is that they're humble. No matter how many trophies they may win, they always keep their composure and stay classy. Performing their show entitled, "Love Dream," they will attempt to captivate the audience with their brilliant production. Good luck tonight Knight Guard!

I hope you all enjoyed my little commentating segment. I'm clearly no professional at this, but I like to do it when I have time. Once again, this is just commentating for members of the league SWG who will be competing in Winter Guard Finals tonight. Also, congratulations to the members of SWG who performed in Prelims and Semi-Finals also. Every member of the league has worked so hard and they deserve recognition also. Once again, thanks! I hope you enjoyed! See you next time on, "SaxMan's Commentating!"
Member of CLASS; Member of ENCORE; Member of PERC
Staas
Nice job.