gcurrier
other than guard
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ
FastForward3
We all love you MrsRomo ... Keep up the great work !!!
FastForward
It will be interesting to see if the other Three Color Guard groups ahead of me can actually hold me off from getting a Medal (possibly Gold) in Season 39 Finals !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
FastForward
Well, it looks like Two of the Three groups ahead of me might have peaked a tad bit early (I.E. Perfect scores in one & two captions respectively).

Cough ... Cough ... corndogshuffle & gcurrier !!!

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
gcurrier
looks like you were wrong yet again....You tied Tullahoma -- but congrats on barely beating my B corps after i missed tons of hours...

corndogshuffle
Peaking too early is bullcrap, frankly. Not my fault my group is literally too good for the system. How am I supposed to factor that in? Just stop rehearsing for three days?

You talk a lot of smack for a guy who had to fund raise for ten to twenty seasons just to beat my color guard on a glitch.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
FastForward
Actually, gcurrier I was right ... You & Corndogshuffle did NOT end up achieving a Perfect score due to your early peaking ... Rather, the group that tied me did not peak early so it ended up a tie in the end (Tullahoma).

As I previously said, "It will be interesting to see if the other Three Color Guard groups ahead of me can actually hold me off from getting a Medal (possibly Gold) in Season 39 Finals !!!"

Again, I not only ended up with a medal ... It ended up being a Gold Medal based on a tied score of 100 !!!

FMA only rewards a total score that remains within specific parameters.

Best of Luck in season 40 ... Hopefully more groups will achieve a perfect score ... The more the merrier !!!

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
corndogshuffle
Take a look at my week five scores from seasons 28-30 (try 36 as well) and tell me how that factors in with your BS theory about "peaking too early." Nothing has changed from then to now besides typical variance in practice habits. I've maintained a much more successful color guard group far longer than you have, and this idea about "rewards a total score that remains within specific parameters" is nonsense.

There is no "secret coding" that rewards you for peaking at the right time and punishes me for peaking at the wrong time, or at least there shouldn't be (and while Alex has hinted that something exists to prevent having four perfect scores in the same season he has never specified what it is based on) . Even if it exists the idea that more practice can equal fewer points is ridiculous. I didn't pay close attention to scores the past couple of weeks because I had family business going on, but it looks like I have had a fifth Gold Medal stolen simply because my group was too good too early in the season. If you're ok with "winning" like that then be my guest.
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
FastForward
More practice above a certain score for the Four captions simply doesn't do anything positive. It may be that you were the only group consistently scoring above the point threshold in previous seasons & due to the fact that no other groups maxed out their scores after you reached 100 you stayed at 100. The game has changed from then from what I have found & you don't want to simply pop perfect caption scores before the Semi-Finals of Championships. Even then it looks as though a group should not attain perfect scores in all Four captions even by Semis. Achieving perfect scores in all captions should not happen until the Finals of Championships. Assuming that other groups are within striking distance of a perfect score & have stayed within the afore mentioned items.

There was no Medal stolen from anyone ... I had just as high of a beginning score in Season 39 for Color Guard ... However, I paced my ascent to a perfect score rather than simply trying to hit a 100 earlier than would be indicated by the Metrics of FMA.

Tied 100 scores are more than likely going to happen in future seasons if players are able to stay within the constraints of the game. Like the saying says "What Goes Up Must Come Down". You hit the perfect caption score to early & the balloon pops.

Should be interesting to see how people handle this issue when 100 scores are achieved in the Drum Corps, Marching Band, & Drum Line areas.

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
gcurrier
If all 4 groups start acting like this it won't be that interesting. It will be boring just like guard currently is and unfortunately a lot of people who have paid and supported this will go away. Unless new support is found in the newer groups who will still actually be competing, the game will slowly die. I wish at this point I could actually have my guard start over. It would be more fun. Even though I did some planning and it failed, I actually care less that I lost. Like ZERO. that's how exciting it is.