Login Create Account
Drumline Daily: Miami Regional
Novak
Hey everyone! Well, the second regional event of FMA Season 1 just completed, so let's go over a recap of what happened in Miami!

DIVISION I
1. Big Bang Theory - 58.300
2. SoW Sound Power - 56.955
3. The Tullahoma Drum Machine - 53.965
4. SouthBeat - 53.865
5. No Limit - 52.780

Big Bang Theory rocked the floor tonight, separating themselves from the rest of the competition by 1.305 points and sweeping every caption. Right behind them is SoW Sound Power, who had close encounters with Big Bang in Music Ensemble and Visual Performance, but are going to need to clean up their GE scores if they want to advance through the ranks of the top twelve. Back from the top two, The Tullahoma Drum Machine took bronze with a gap of 1.345 between them and the winner. They closed in slightly on SoW Sound Power in the Performance captions, but was beaten by SouthBeat in Ensemble captions and Music GE. Taking up fifth was the crowd favorite, hometown drumline No Limit, who's operations are based in Miami, FL.

DIVISION II
1. Spin Cycle Express - 51.620
2. St. Paul drummer boyz - 51.585
3. Gangbangers - 49.825
4. Splosion - 49.450
5. Blue Beats - 47.910

A close race was run for the gold medal tonight, and Spin Cycle Express came out on top, with only a .035 point gap between them and St. Paul drummer boyz. Spin Cycle swept Ensemble and GE captions, but only barely. St. Paul drummer boyz put on a phenomenal performance and breaks into the top twelve by a very tight margin. Gangbangers followed up, but by a larger mark.

DIVISION III
1. Knights Drumline - 51.425
2. Polyrhythmic - 51.400
3. Rudimentary - 50.595
4. Rhythm X-press - 50.210
5. Rush - 49.770

This is where it gets even more exciting. By the smallest margin of the night of .025 points, Knights Drumline pulled out the win, but not without consequences. Breathing down their necks is Polyrhythmic, who took four of the six captions tonight, leaving the Knights with absolutely no room to breathe a sigh of relief. Earning the bronze and not too far behind is Rudimentary, who used this competition to vault themselves into the top twenty, who took second in several captions and made things even harder for Knights Drumline to deal with. Rhythm X-Press follows close to Rudimentary, leaving Rush on the outside looking in.

It's been a really rough and busy week for me guys, I apologize for not being as consistent as I usually am. I'll start getting back on schedule this week.

Drummantx
Thunder still in first, even though we didn't compete at the regional, we still competed.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
rocketfan86
Thanks for the these commentaries Novak!
Original Member of the Mid-West Combine (defunct)
VincentPezza
Drumma, he just posted on what happened in the regional.
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
Drummantx
I'm aware of that.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1