Login Create Account
Percussion Ensemble?
Drummantx
Anyone else here in percussion ensembles at your schools? It's required where I'm going to college, but it's probably my favorite ensemble I'm a part of besides marching band.

Our Spring 2014 program consists of:

Danza Furioso - Ovalle
Omphalo Centric Lecture - Westlake
Square Corners - Samuels
Street Talk - Glassock
Spirits Rising (can't recall the composer)
Palace of Nine Perfections - Ewazen

I'm playing Marimba 3 in Danza, Auxiliary percussion in Square Corners, and Timpani and various other small instruments in Street Talk.

DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
Stradivarius
My high school has a drumline too! I have marched with them three years. Two years as a cymbal player and a year of bass four. Next season I will be on the tenors! :D
12 years later
FastForward
Strad,

You should see if your schools Drumline will let you play some Trombone ... Just to shake it up ... LOL !!!
Corps: Spectrum Force
Band: Full Spectrum
Guard: Light Spectrum
Drumline: Rythmic Spectrum

BoD for MAoMA and NWD
Founder of CGA
Director of FastForward, Inc.
Jhawk
My old Winter Drumline was weird at my high school. I marched cymbals for a season, but they also had someone playing flute for one of the songs. The rest they did marimbas, but I always thought it was odd when they included the flute. I mean guitar and bass are one thing, but flute?
Ivory Brigade
Drummantx
When I say percussion ensemble I mean like this haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU3gS4bjn-Y
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
Jhawk
Yeah our school had that for high school. We had a solo and ensemble time for our 3rd quarter which would make our percussion guys do those or do some sort of solo.
Ivory Brigade