Login Create Account
Darkness Season 34 Show Announcements
Drummantx
I had a lot of fun thinking of what would make some really cool shows here's what I cam up with.

Darkness:

From Oppression to Salvation:

“Prayers of Kierkegaard” - Samuel Barber
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall" by Thomas Bergersen
"Battle" from the Motion Picture "Elizabeth The Golden Age" by A. R. Rahman, Craig Armstrong"
“Benediction” from “The Prayer Cycle” by Jonathan Elias
“Hope” from “The Prayer Cycle” by Jonathan Elias
"Symphony No. 2" by Gustav Mahler

Darkness Marching:

Rhapsody:

“Rhapsody in Blue” - George Gershwin
“Crazy World” - Henry Mancini
“An American in Paris” - George Gershwin

Thunder:

Vanishing Point:
Original Music

Darkness Guard:

The 9th of January, 1905:
“Symphony in G Minor, Op. 103, II. Allegro” - Dmitri Shostakovitch

Darkness's show would be centered around the idea that despite many horrific tragedies, events, and acts of hatred, we always seem to find a way to come out the other side stronger. Kind of cliche in theme, but mixing some music that hasn't been done together that I can see. Dismal and gloomy in the opener, but with a tinge of hope here and there, and finally a bright and hopeful finale from Johnathan Elias's Prayer Cycle, a beautiful work that I'd highly suggest purchasing on itunes.

Darkness marching, yes kind of cliche, think Phantom Regiment 2005 with Spirits gorgeous 2013 ballad thrown in.

Thunder, would be visually centered, not much I can think of musically.

I've been watching a lot of indoor guard the last few days, there's some INTENSE shows emotionally. This would be something along those lines, Shostakovitch's 11th Symphony was centered around the year 1905 in Russia, which kicked off the Russian Revolution. This movement in particular, 9 January, depicts the 9th of January 1905, or Bloody Sunday, was where unarmed demonstrators marching to present a petition to Tsar Nicholas II were fired upon by soldiers of the Imperial Guard.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
corndogshuffle
Welcome back man! Hopefully you get to put your shows on. It's weird how things haven't gone back yet...
***FMA Hall of Fame***
2x DC Gold 116, 119
3x DL Gold 116, 118, 119
6x MB Gold 28-30, 46, 116, 119
22x CG Gold 27-31, 34, 36, 39, 45-47, 53-54, 70, 87, 88, 115-120
Drummantx
Thanks man, and I'm sure they'll get on here. Whoever resets it probably has something going in their life or somethings buggy with the site, I'm sure it'll be up in no time.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
gcurrier
nice show concepts
Chairman/Founder CLASS; INSPIRE! President, ENCORE

Nemesis-33X World Drum Corps Champ
Marching Knights-48X World Band Champ
The Knight Guard-36X Wrld Guard Champ
KnightDrum-60X Wrld Perc Champ