Login Create Account
Drumline Daily: A Storm Is Brewin', and The Line Becomes Distincter
Novak
Hey everyone! It's time for beginning of week three after the big regional last night, we had a few significant competitions tonight. So let's go over the top five from each division!

DIVISION I
1. Thunder - 60.960
2. Southmore Hill Royal Drumline - 59.055
3. Big Bang Theory - 58.300
4. Marching Bureaucrats - 58.295
5. The Drumming Dummers - 58.130

After performing and sweeping in the Storm Power Regional last night, Thunder still holds a powerful lead over the other competitors, and is first overall in EVERY caption! This drumline is just powering through the first season, and it's gonna take a lot to stop them! Southmore Hill Royal Drumline is the closest to filling that role, and is slowly creeping in every competition. At the rate their score is rising, these guys could be just the right line to take down Thunder. Big Bang Theory performed very well last night at the Miami regional, winning the gold medal. However, if they want to stay in the top five for long, they need to clean up some of their caption scores, being sub-top five in four of them. The Marching Bureaucrats are right behind Big Bang, and I predict them overtaking the second place spot n their next competition. They are only down from third by .005, and they haven't competed since the 17th. If they've been working during their short hiatus, breaking back into the top three should be no problem, and the same thing goes for The Drumming Dummers.

DIVISION II
1. Line of Distinction - 57.275
2. The Thunder - 55.645
3. Nova Drumline - 54.345
4. Golden Sticks Percussion - 54.115
5. The Dragon Rabbits - 53.485

Line of Distinction STILL holds a great lead over the rest of the competition, and these guys are not even close to peaking anytime soon. They haven't competed since the 17th, I predict a LARGE jump for them in their next show. I also predict that for the Golden Sticks Percussion group, who hasn't performed since the 16th. However, The Dragon Rabbits are another one of the drumlines that is steadily rising, and could very easily keep rising through the ranks of the top five. Nova Drumline refuses to give up their spot and holds tightly to the third place in the top five, having been there for quite a while. The Thunder, although down by nearly two points in overall score, does have Line of Distinction beat in Visual Performance, as does Nova Drumline. These two drumlines have the best shot of taking down the seemingly invincible Line of Distinction.

DIVISION III
1. Thunder - 55.320
2. Music X Ensemble - 52.785
3. Sinisteria - 52.735
4. Battered Souls - 52.575
5. Tap Dance - 52.490

The story of the night here is Tap Dance, who debuted on the 16th and posted an amazing score, stealing the fifth spot and closing in quickly on the rest of the competition. Then again, it's hard NOT to close in on the rest of the competition when fifth through second place is separated by only .295 points. Battered Souls grabbed a top five spot after jumping an amazing 3.715 points in a week. This division is definitely exciting to watch in terms of rankings. When it comes to caption scores, top three spots are very spread out between many different drumlines that aren't in the overall top five. Music X Ensemble and Blue Beat hold the top two spots in Music Performance, The Beatdowns and Battered Souls post great scores in Visual Performance, and Pulse and Tap Dance have some good competition going with Thunder in Visual Ensemble. Sinisteria seems to have stalled out temporarily, but has been working very hard to continue to please the crowd and the judges, and you can never can't this drumline out for long. Expect Thunder, like many lines in other divisions, to make a healthy jump up in their next show, having not competed since the 17th.

I hope you guys enjoyed this edition of Drumline Daily! Keep throwing down those beats and I'll see you tomorrow!

QOTD: What is your drumlines best caption so far?
Drummantx
All, obviously.
DBC - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
MB - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
CG - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
DL - 1st Place Season 5 Division 1
FreakoftheArts73
Visual General effect. I am very proud of them for staying ahead in Division three!
-FotA73-
http://msgrantmusic.com
ssmit
Tap Dance is going for the gold! It's been awhile since they've competed, and they won't again until the 23rd, but I promise you that you'll be writing about them more soon enough. ;)
VincentPezza
Sinisteria has had their ass kicked over the weekend, though they couldn't practice much. I'm just shooting for a top 12 finish this season!
Director to:

Modern Antic
Odoriboro Blaze
Jester Fester
Sinisteria

Member of the CLASS
lowbrass07
lol Seems there's some THUNDER in the drumline divisions!
Resilience (Drum and Bugle Corps)- D1
Shadows (Marching Band) - D1
Skyline (Winter-guard) - D1
The Thunder (Drum-line) - D1
FMA WEST